Pumpkin Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry all I had an issue posting earlier..but no I dont use a calculator..I use the priming sugar that comes with my kit..this is my fourth beer brew so im still using partial extract kits.

If you're using the sugar that came with the kit then it should be the right amount of sugar for that kit. You can leave them at room temp without having to worry about bottle bombs.

My pumpkin beer has been bottled 3 weeks now..it has slight fizz..but no head at all..man all this waiting..your killin me smalls! Cheers all!

Update..just cracked a bottle..nicley carbed..but the head seems a little poor..not much lacing. .big bubbles..hopefully it tightens up a hair

Sorry all I had an issue posting earlier..but no I dont use a calculator..I use the priming sugar that comes with my kit..this is my fourth beer brew so im still using partial extract kits.

Just as an aside, I would always measure it anyway, at least with a measuring cup to be sure it's in that 1/2-2/3 cup range. I've heard stories about my LHBS giving a higher amount than necessary....

What do you guys think about those coopers carb drops..for 12 oz bottles...I had seen a few of those type products at the lhbs and was wondering if anyone used them

They work but they're a fairly expensive was to by sugar and they don't give you much control over your carb levels.

So I got a 29oz can of pumpkin and evenly spread it out on a pan, lightly dusted it with dark brown sugar and baked at 365 for 50 min. I added it to the boil and continued to brew my smashing pumpkin ale extract kit from northern brewer. The og was originally supposed to be 1.054 but I got 1.046. I also added an extra tsp of pumpkin pie spice, and half a tsp of brown sugar at the end of the boil. Any idea why the og is so low? Could it be from the pumpkin I added?

Back