Pulled a good one today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
I'm not especially looking for pity, but I'll take it. I mainly thought you might enjoy my tale of stupidity.

I voted at the annual election of my mutual insurance company today. I do it every year because they pay delegates $50 travel expenses, and it’s just a half mile from the office. Since it’s downtown, I have to pay to park. I park in the street at the meter instead of paying seven bucks for the underground parking.

Since I can only put an hour’s worth of time into the meter and it’s going to take me an hour and a half, I figure it’s a decent gamble for a $10 parking ticket. I lost the gamble and got a parking ticket, not too bad, until I look at the second piece of paper and realize they have also written me a ticket because my tag is out of date! Now I’m down $10 and two hours of leave.

I sense a Homer here... D'oh! :drunk:

Sorry to hear it man. But good to see ya back! Where ya been hiding?

Ize

Ize said:
I sense a Homer here... D'oh! :drunk:

Sorry to hear it man. But good to see ya back! Where ya been hiding?

Ize

Thanks Man!

I just got busy over the holidays and every time I started to visit, I got intimidated by the pages and pages of unread posts. I also took a little bit of a brewing hiatus around Christmas, due to time and money, but am now back in full force.

homebrewer_99 said:
TIP: Readjust your paying for insurance to correspond with your registration date.

UPSIDE: Both are done the same day or week.

DOWNSIDE: Payments are due on both.

HEY! This ain't Utopia...:D

You know the thing that sucks is that I was just telling my mother-in-law (who does my taxes) that I had bought it in December. Never did it cross my mind that the tag was due.

Interesting, you're saying the tag goes with the vehicle? Every state I've lived in, if you buy a vehicle, you have to get new tags.

david_42 said:
Interesting, you're saying the tag goes with the vehicle? Every state I've lived in, if you buy a vehicle, you have to get new tags.

Not here. You can transfer the plates in WI when you buy a vehicle if you want.

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
Hey, why the name change?

You've been gone a while- it changed about 5 times since you've last been around! I don't know- I guess it was time for a change. I'm from the U.P. of Michigan (where Yoopers come from), and I'm a woman, so.....Yooper Chick.

The EAC title, though, is too over the top to explain. There is a whole thread (about an hour of reading) to explain that......https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=18679&highlight=happened+brew

If you're ever bored, you might want to look over that thread......

Latest posts

Back