Propane plumbing on my almost finished single tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenMtnBrewer

Reaction score
So I am contemplating the propane plumbing setup on my manual operated propane fed single tier. Maybe automation next year if funds allow?

The images show how I currently have the plumbing mocked up.

Can those who have this experience chime in on the way I have it laid out currently or if something does not seem right?

Many thanks in advance for sure!
Erik

View attachment 1480289307248.jpg

View attachment 1480289355729.jpg

That looks way better than mine. The gas was probably the hardest and most aggravating part of my build. To many sizes, adapters, fittings, pressures. Oy vey. And bLowes hardware doesn't carry enough parts to actually build anything. I ended up with a real mish-mash of parts.
CDC

Pretty close to mine. I did put a pair of feeds, resulting in a valve for the source (I'm on 20-40 lb tanks). In the summer, I can change tanks live if I desire, and in the winter I can... run one of the burners. Also discovered I didn't need anything more than the ball valve for control, but that might be different if you're running a high pressure system.

The source valves also let me slowly charge the trunk line. I have a newer tank that closes up if the flow rate is too high (at least when first opened). Very annoying, charging the trunk takes a few tank valve operations without it.

-Mike

I like Mikes idea on dual feeds.

Just from looking at it, I think you can get rid of the brass elbow coming out of the burner and have a 1/2" connector for Feed from the valve. Lowes sells yellow supply lines (around the water heaters) that have half inch connection that will plug and play with the system just like that. Not sure if that makes sense.

You could keep the brass elbow and the compression connections, but you'd need some special tools for doing that and some copper tubing. It may or may not be cheaper. Prolly not quicker.

Is any of that helpful?

Hope you get it up and running soon!

Back