Product watch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr1nkBeer

Reaction score
So i was browsing the inter-webs when i came accross this fantastic idea.. a foldable fridge? Basically as long as you can rig soemthing to hold it up you can probably lager two carboys (or better bottles....) at one time... And you can fold it away when your done. I really hope this flies and they develope it. I really am pushing it these days with all my brew gear and lagering fridge is one of the last things i'll need...

http://www.gizmowatch.com/entry/electrolux-start-the-soft-refrigerator-project/

electrolux-start_72.jpg

Interesting idea, but I'm a little confused how a bug net will keep the cold in. ?

some space age neting?.. insulating sort of like panty hose?.. no idea.. maby thats why its not out yet.. long as its efficient enough it could run the whole time..?.. i only need to run it for a few weeks to a month for lagering? no?

I know one company that makes in insulated bag for keeping your beer cool. You can place ice in it for cold. I bet it could be modified to accept a better refrigeration method with temp control. Maybe a Peltier unit with a very small pump to circulate the water when the peltier kicks in...

Back