problem with asco valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ns3580

Reaction score
i am building a brewtus ten system and just finished everything. upon the first test of all the electrical components everything seemed to work as advertised. the next day i was learning how to use the love switches and both valves came on at the same time, threw a breaker, and now they will not work at all. anyone have any ideas.

What are the current specs and voltage specs on the valves? You can check the leads for continuity to be sure the coil is not burned out.

Sounds like a short with your wiring...

Is it correct to say that your valves were working before the addition of the love switches?

no shorts in the wiring i have checked everything, the love switches worked fine on their own and with the love switches installed on the initial tests

Well something is causing your breaker to blow. If it is not your wiring then the valve coils are shorted or the wrong value. Are your valves 120V valves? Is it possible they are 12V or 24V valves?

What's the model number on the valve. I work with these thing everyday and there are pretty rock solid. How did you check for shorts, did you check continuity?

Back