Priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benharper13

Reaction score
Do I have to drive all the way to my home brew store for the regular priming sugar? I've heard you can use other sugars, but I'm not sure if you get different results. Also I am bottle two beers this weekend and need to do some bottle scrubbing. Again I don't want to go to the local store since its far away, I imagine I could find a bottle brush elsewhere right?

Do I have to drive all the way to my home brew store for the regular priming sugar? I've heard you can use other sugars, but I'm not sure if you get different results. Also I am bottle two beers this weekend and need to do some bottle scrubbing. Again I don't want to go to the local store since its far away, I imagine I could find a bottle brush elsewhere right?
I have use table sugar and can taste no difference ..... here is a handy calculator

http://www.tastybrew.com/calculators/priming.html

I used table sugar to. What i did was boiled water then added about 2/3 cup of sugar, disolved it, dumped it into by bottling bucket then racked my beer on to it after it cooled a bit. Didnt do a thing to the taste, had a nice carbination to it. :tank:

Latest posts

Back