PPR Fantasy Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need another team I would love to participate. Please put me on the wait list.

Go Bills

Hey guys, I never confirmed playing last year last year so just assumed I wasn't. I never even drafted, but apparently my user was active and auto-drafted and kind of screwed things up.

I just put a package in the mail as penitence.

I would actually like to play this year and of course will be all active participant as I had been in past seasons, but due to how things went down last season I understand if I can't.

Hey guys, I never confirmed playing last year last year so just assumed I wasn't. I never even drafted, but apparently my user was active and auto-drafted and kind of screwed things up.

I just put a package in the mail as penitence.

I would actually like to play this year and of course will be all active participant as I had been in past seasons, but due to how things went down last season I understand if I can't.
I don’t see a problem. Glad to have you back! I’ll still take the fall for not doing the proper due diligence last year. I think that it’s awesome of you to come through with a package. Having an excuse to share beer is why we all play! Good luck this year!

Potential thoughts for 2022:

1. Move off NFL.com. I've only played ESPN in the past but it's a superior platform, and I've heard a lot of people don't even like ESPN as a platform...
  2. For a 12-team league, make it 6 playoff spots over three weeks, with the 1 and 2 seed have a bye for the first round. While this year we had a VERY tight race going into the playoffs, that is not normal and usually there's more separation. Having 6 playoff teams keeps everyone more engaged later into the year.
  3. Add the IR spot. It helps managers keep players who are out without QUITE as big of an effect on their roster. Especially with the new 3-week IR rather than the 8-week minimum IR that used to exist in the NFL.
  4. Vet the managers pre-season to make sure we don't have derelict teams...
  5. Make some reward for the #2 and #3 teams. I.e. the #4 team has to send beer to #3, the #5 and #6 teams have to send beer to the #2, and teams #7 through #12 have to send beer to #1. Usually in money leagues you have something for the #2 and #3. In this case I've worked my butt off to get to the playoffs, but now it's a two-week all-or-nothing proposition to get any reward, and even if I finish #2, I'm sending beer to #1... IMHO top three should all receive beer, just less for #2 than #1, and less for #3 than #2.
Just my $0.02...
Wanted to bring this back to everyone’s attention. A few of you have already commented. Anymore thoughts?

I’ll add mine.

1. I don’t mind which platform.
2. Just to be different, this league was set at top 25% and ppr, the other other was 50%. I’m ok with pushing it back, I think it’s more the norm anyhow.
3. I have only done IR in baseball. Would an IR lead to more abuse of the waivers? I always like holding out for that high priority for when a big Rb goes out for the year.
4. Working on it…
5. Without making it too complicated, the only thing I can come up with is number 1 sends to number 2. This way everyone sends beer. I’m still fine with one winner, though.

Wanted to bring this back to everyone’s attention. A few of you have already commented. Anymore thoughts?

I’ll add mine.

2. Just to be different, this league was set at top 25% and ppr, the other other was 50%. I’m ok with pushing it back, I think it’s more the norm anyhow.
3. I have only done IR in baseball. Would an IR lead to more abuse of the waivers? I always like holding out for that high priority for when a big Rb goes out for the year.
4. Working on it…
5. Without making it too complicated, the only thing I can come up with is number 1 sends to number 2. This way everyone sends beer. I’m still fine with one winner, though.
While my opinion matters the least since I am not an official participant (yet), I did feel like I should reply to show some participation as per #4.

1. I don't really care which platform. If voting I would go with espn for my own convenience.
2. I like top 6 into the playoffs and top 2 with a first round bye.
3. No opinion
5. I like the idea of more people getting prizes. A process like the fellowship of the drink trading threads would be fun. The winner could pick their favorite 6 packages, second place their favorite 3 of what's left and third gets what remains. Fun but defineatley would be more complicated.

Shoot, I forgot to post these but @troglodytes sent an amazing package for someone who forgot they were in this league.

IMG_0495.jpg

I’ll add mine.

4. Working on it…
My opinion is if it ain’t broke don’t fix it but I’d love to also have an IR and yes I’d probably abuse it along with a few others!

maybe a week before the playoffs begin the participants can make side bets. I did this a couple of years ago and lost! So I sent out even more beer.

So, I believe that should be everyone with the exception of sonic7173.
How about @TheEagleRising? I didn’t see anything posted from him/her.

We are about a month away. Still waiting on some guys to confirm this season. I’ll send out some direct messages if we don’t get the response here.

Looks like we might have at least one opening if there are any outsiders that want to give it a try.

How about @TheEagleRising? I didn’t see anything posted from him/her.

We are about a month away. Still waiting on some guys to confirm this season. I’ll send out some direct messages if we don’t get the response here.

Looks like we might have at least one opening if there are any outsiders that want to give it a try.
Looks like there is one request to join at the top of this page from an “outsider”

Looks like there is one request to join at the top of this page from an “outsider”
@Spundit? Yes, thank you, I have him filling Sonic’s spot. I’m assuming eagle’s spot is going to open. Also assuming guys that sent beer are in again, but need a couple more to confirm, or we will have more vacancies. Once we hear from everyone, and on board, I can make the adjustments that we want, and set a draft time.

We still have one spot to fill!!

Alright, I went back through and we don’t have too much demand for changing fantasy services. Everyone is already in nfl.com, so for now, we will keep it for another season.

Everyone has responded here, or through messages. We removed two team managers, @Spundit has info to join, need one more to make twelve.

I’ll update the playoff spots, haven’t done that, yet.

Added two IR spots

We don’t have a solid idea for beer to second, or third. Another idea I had was number one can send number two homebrew? That way we all are sending something?

Draft is set for the 28th at 8:30 EDT. End of preseason, before Labor Day weekend. Hopefully that works for all of us.

True, but in every other cash league I play in I'm paying my buy-in to somebody before the season even starts. Usually our payout is 2nd gets their money back and 1st gets the rest.

If it remains winner-take-all, 2nd has to ship just like all of the others but gets nothing in return.

If it remains winner-take-all, 2nd has to ship just like all of the others but gets nothing in return.
Point well taken.

I run a league of 12 at work. $60 buy-in. $720 total in the league.

1st place gets $440
2nd place gets $220
3rd place gets their $60 back

Now I'm on the fence with @gromitdj... #1 sending #2 beer
BUT
I also can go with the suggestion by @TallDan, that #1 and #2 shouldn’t ship (maybe 3rd place ships to 2nd place?)

I feel that we are close on getting this hammered out.

Whatever you guys decide is fine with me.

Last edited:
I would agree that #1 sending #2 beer is a pretty awesome way to handle it.

I see that as a 6-pack entry fee, and #2 gets his money back. :mug:
That’s along the lines of what I was thinking….doesn’t have to be homebrew, but I thought it would fun consolation prize being the reason we’re all here.

Now I'm on the fence with @gromitdj... #1 sending #2 beer
BUT
I also can go with the suggestion by @TallDan, that #1 and #2 shouldn’t ship (maybe 3rd place ships to 2nd place?)
I like the #3 to send to #2 while all else send to #1, because I don't think #1 & #2 should have to send anything either. And it would be nice to get something for being #2. In 12 team league #1 still gets a payout of 9 shipments and #2 gets 1 as a little bonus for making the finals.

BTW I may have a 12th from brewcommune who can't draft because he's driving home from Vegas tomorrow. A rescheduled draft could work for him (although apparently he's in several leagues so I'm not 100% sure he'll commit)...

If an even number of teams cannot be obtained, you can remove me from the league (this year) to get it going.

Of course I would like an invite next season if a spot becomes available.

Back