PPR Fantasy Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Potential thoughts for 2022:

1. Move off NFL.com. I've only played ESPN in the past but it's a superior platform, and I've heard a lot of people don't even like ESPN as a platform...
  2. For a 12-team league, make it 6 playoff spots over three weeks, with the 1 and 2 seed have a bye for the first round. While this year we had a VERY tight race going into the playoffs, that is not normal and usually there's more separation. Having 6 playoff teams keeps everyone more engaged later into the year.
  3. Add the IR spot. It helps managers keep players who are out without QUITE as big of an effect on their roster. Especially with the new 3-week IR rather than the 8-week minimum IR that used to exist in the NFL.
  4. Vet the managers pre-season to make sure we don't have derelict teams...
  5. Make some reward for the #2 and #3 teams. I.e. the #4 team has to send beer to #3, the #5 and #6 teams have to send beer to the #2, and teams #7 through #12 have to send beer to #1. Usually in money leagues you have something for the #2 and #3. In this case I've worked my butt off to get to the playoffs, but now it's a two-week all-or-nothing proposition to get any reward, and even if I finish #2, I'm sending beer to #1... IMHO top three should all receive beer, just less for #2 than #1, and less for #3 than #2.
Just my $0.02...
1. In the league (co-workers), where I'm the commish, I moved from ESPN to Yahoo. Each site has it's pros and cons. I'm good with whatever is selected, though.

2. Half the league making the playoffs might be a bit much. Now if it were a 14 team league, then 6 teams would work out pretty good.
(EDIT: If there were enough teams for two leagues, the three bottom teams move to the "B" team the following year, while the 3 top teams of the B team would move to the "A" team. Just a thought)

3. Regarding the IR spot. Is this something that can be abused? Possibly hoarding players?

4. It seems that there are derelict teams every year. In other leagues, I have seen teams that would play, make moves and so on.... but as soon as there are some back to back losses, they lose interest.

5. This is a tough one. I've got nothing.

Last edited:
In the Yahoo leagues that I play you are allowed a certain number of IR spots. (it's 2 in one, and 4 in another) But, if a player becomes available you're not allowed to make any roster add/drops unless you move that player from the IR spot. This eliminates any hording of players.

In those leagues I had a bigger issue with managers taking advantage of unlimited add/drops, since that places players on waivers instead of being a Free Agent after the waiver claims are processed. So we instituted a weekly add/drop maximum.

I also like the thought of rewarding the second place team. I would be willing to send #2 a couple of beers, since it will fit in a USPS Flat rate box for cheap. :)

Congrats Just Joshin!

Quite a good season--you led the league in points scored AGAINST you, but still managed to fight through that to the playoffs and the championship. Impressive!

Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get something out to you. I'm in Southern California if you want anything West Coast... I can semi-regularly find Russian River stuff (more their normal bottled stuff than the sours--those are still hard to find).

Thanks guys! Who would have thought, huh?

I'll put together a PM and send it out in a bit. It was as fun as it always has been. Looking forward to next year already!

Thanks @betarhoalphadelta for the fantastic breakdowns. They had me believing I was out of it, but enjoyed them none the less.

Got this today from @_BullDog_. Thanks! I have to assume that the bottles are homebrew, what styles?
61759937-11A0-41EA-A7B3-CF0975C64A13.jpeg

I’m surprised @gromitdj hasn’t been posting pics yet. I’m planning to ship Monday.

I would have put in the two derelict teams. Who knows.. maybe they would honor it.

Holy Crap. I just realized I was one of those teams.

Sorry, things got in the way and this is the first time I'm logging into HBT since before this past season even drafted. I had no idea I had a team, but can understand as I had been actively part of the discussion leading up to it. I would never have purposefully screwed up the competitiveness of the league, I'm so sorry to anyone it negatively affected (although it appears almost everyone had a good win against me).

That being said, I got the PM and the least I can do is send over a bit of winnings, @gromitdj

One of the suggestions was to start the league early, so here we go! I’ll go back through the thread and check who sent beer, but more importantly we need to start a roll call of who is back in. We also can start a waiting list for anyone that wants to play if room becomes available.

One of the suggestions was to start the league early, so here we go! I’ll go back through the thread and check who sent beer, but more importantly we need to start a roll call of who is back in. We also can start a waiting list for anyone that wants to play if room becomes available.
I'm in but I'm a little tired of sending beer.... time for you guys to send it to me!

Back