Post your version of the good life!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbb3

Reaction score
Here's my simple version of the good life. How about yours??

deckbeer.jpg

I'm living it. A sweet and beautiful wife that smiles at me every day. No debt. Plenty of grain and hops. Even better, I had a nice sail tonight on a friend's boat. I was kind of bummed that I couldn't sail mine after I cut a tendon in my finger last week. Today I ran into my boat neighbor and he invited me out on his boat. Clear, light breeze, good company.

Loving wife
Good family
Good home (almost paid for--yay!)
Good friends
Good neighbors (well, most of them are good)
A career that I enjoy (most days!)
Comfortable living
Being able to travel
Interesting hobbies
A cold beer or nice glass of single malt
Good music to listen to

This is starting to sound like an old Tom T. Hall song... :D

Enjoying life is key.

I am enjoying my sabbatical. Brewing beer, cider, mead and wine, riding my motorcycle, enjoying the year round 90s/70s and living trouble free. Catching up with my mates at the pub once a week.

Ever since I got rid of the negatives in my life it has been awesome. Being positive has really helped me de-stress from all of my previous assignments. If only I could retire. This last year has been a great preview of retired living and I can't wait once I check a few more blocks off.

:mug:

I really am not fond of the pressure and stresses of my job, so balancing out long workweeks and travelling 24 weeks a year with happy things is critical. So, to me, the good life is: time with the family, outdoors; enjoying BBQ, homebrew, maybe a cigar on a gorgeous CO evening; Entertaining dear friends; A challenging hike, best if it is in the mountains. Of course, any kind of cooking, great restaurant, scotch, bourbon, or the like is high on the list.

I plan on retiring in 9 years, then taking up golf, fly fishing, and doing much more of the above. :mug:

Lolz. I like the look on the dog's face, like, "dude? Seriously?". Well, I'd say the good life is being on permanent vacation, my fermenters both full, my 2nd youngest son now working with his older brother, My youngest being a heavyweight wrestler in high school. My car's running better than it has in years & my battery drain problem seems to be solved finally. Writing books is just a bonus recap...:tank:

Lolz. I like the look on the dog's face, like, "dude? Seriously?". Well, I'd say the good life is being on permanent vacation, my fermenters both full, my 2nd youngest son now working with his older brother, My youngest being a heavyweight wrestler in high school. My car's running better than it has in years & my battery drain problem seems to be solved finally. Writing books is just a bonus recap...:tank:

Life is great!

Wrestling is an awesome sport. I wrestled in HS & College, many many moons ago... My HS wrestling team was like an extended family.

It seems to be that way with my son as well. They really seem to respect him these days. Some took one look at him, being 6' 2", 237lbs & said" uh uh..he ain't fallin on me"! He seems to be taking after his Hungarian great-grandpa, that guy was like 6' 5", a big fella that looked like he could lay a beat-down on a wookie & not break a sweat. His wedding band would fit my big toe with room to spare, had a fist like a frying pan.

Stole my seat. He knows when I do a stout he gets some wort and grain. Usually kicks it with me during the entire brew. Life is good with my buddy Charlie.

Sounds like our collie/terrier mix Zoe. Long legs, but big feetsess for a chick?...
She used to lick up the wort that got spilled. Her & Max were freaks for my pit bbq as well.

Stole my seat. He knows when I do a stout he gets some wort and grain. Usually kicks it with me during the entire brew. Life is good with my buddy Charlie.

https://youtu.be/1xOxHyTP91c

This song is the good life to me, eating good food and hanging out with my wife

That is an AWESOME song! Whatever happened to that kind of music? Good to see young folks trying to keep some of the older music styles alive.
While listening, I started slapping my knee and stomping my foot. It reminded me of my Dad and the music he used to listen to.

That is an AWESOME song! Whatever happened to that kind of music? Good to see young folks trying to keep some of the older music styles alive.
While listening, I started slapping my knee and stomping my foot. It reminded me of my Dad and the music he used to listen to.

I agree. You should see them live with full band. Carolina Chocolate Drops and Rhiannon Giddens.

Seems just like yesterday... My wife & I were sitting at a table with a couple of lawyers, signing our life away for our first house.

Here we are today; House paid for, three grown kids, two of which have graduated from college, the third will graduate next year...

Our oldest son graduated from Ga Tech as a Computer Engineer. Upon graduation, the research arm of GT (GTRI) in turn hired him full time. He now owns his own condo and is attending grad school while working full time.

Our youngest daughter graduated from KSU with a Political Science degree last December. She is living on her own and working but is still searching of THE job...

Our middle daughter, still living at home, is in her 5th year as an Architecture major at SPSU. She changed major mid stream so it set her back a bit. But she has found her niche... She is currently interning with a local independent architect and will graduate next year.

Mama & I often talked about what we've been through to get to this point. We are thankful.

Life is good...

Latest posts

Back