Porter in port! Second batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackBearForge

Reaction score
Well, managed to get my second beer in the fermenter today (must say this brewday was less stressful and more enjoyable than the first). It's John Palmer's Port O'Palmer Porter, meant to mimic Sierra Nevada Porter. Man those chocolate malts smelled good while they were steeping!

I took the pale ale I brewed two weeks ago out of the Cube cooler so I could use the cooler to keep the porter around 68 degrees F during it's primary fermentation phase. The pale ale will sit at room temperature (75 degrees F) for another two weeks while it conditions and clears (clearing nicely even now at two weeks still in it's primary container, a nice amber colored APA). Two more weeks until bottling and another two to three weeks after that for carbonating and bottle conditioning? "groan" {William Shatner voice: "Must...Be...Patient...!}

However, at this rate I can have a fermenter open for a five gallon batch every two weeks? Nice! :ban:

I have found out that getting a fermentation bucket and starting new brew often takes your mind off the green bottled/kegged beers! ... so.. I ended up with 4 buckets already and I have started just couple months ago. Buckets are cheap :)

Back