Quantcast

Politicians that brew?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

eibbor

Reaction score
So who knows of politicians or any public figures (actors, musicians, athletes...) that brew? Not important, just curious.

Cinci-Brewing

Reaction score
Are forefathers, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin all brewed beer in their home's. Brewing beer in your home is America's past time.

davesrose

Reaction score
Washington also had the country's largest whiskey distillery. It's interesting to read some of the history of the country's first tax act: it was a tax that taxed small capacity distilleries 9 cents per gallon, while larger distilleries were only taxed 6 cents per gallon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Act

R2-D2

Reaction score
John Hickenlooper, current mayor of Denver and candidate for Colorado Governor, co-founded Wynkoop Brewing in the 1980's. I don't think he is involved with the restaurant or bar anymore.

davefleck

Reaction score
John Hickenlooper, current mayor of Denver and candidate for Colorado Governor, co-founded Wynkoop Brewing in the 1980's. I don't think he is involved with the restaurant or bar anymore.
correct,
when he became mayor his resturaunts had to be distanced from him so he turned their control over to a trust and since has sold them off.

TVarmy

Reaction score
Well, I dunno about brewing, but Michael Jackson did a lot to make craft beer mainstream...

EricT

Reaction score
Still is, in my opinion.

I think there is a supermodel who has been featured in some homebrew magazines, but I forget her name.
Yooperbrew, not all women are from the UP and can actually lift a full 5 gallons of Wort. :mug:

lackey2000

Reaction score
Last I heard, politicians don't have time to brew.

They're too busy trying to figure out what to do with all that money BMC stuffed in their pockets.

EricT

Reaction score
C'mon guys it was 1988. Besides it was a precursor to her fashion line in Kmart :) Wonder if she still home brews?