Politicians that brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eibbor

Reaction score
So who knows of politicians or any public figures (actors, musicians, athletes...) that brew? Not important, just curious.

Are forefathers, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin all brewed beer in their home's. Brewing beer in your home is America's past time.

Washington also had the country's largest whiskey distillery. It's interesting to read some of the history of the country's first tax act: it was a tax that taxed small capacity distilleries 9 cents per gallon, while larger distilleries were only taxed 6 cents per gallon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Act

John Hickenlooper, current mayor of Denver and candidate for Colorado Governor, co-founded Wynkoop Brewing in the 1980's. I don't think he is involved with the restaurant or bar anymore.

John Hickenlooper, current mayor of Denver and candidate for Colorado Governor, co-founded Wynkoop Brewing in the 1980's. I don't think he is involved with the restaurant or bar anymore.

correct,
when he became mayor his resturaunts had to be distanced from him so he turned their control over to a trust and since has sold them off.

Well, I dunno about brewing, but Michael Jackson did a lot to make craft beer mainstream...

Still is, in my opinion.

I think there is a supermodel who has been featured in some homebrew magazines, but I forget her name.

Yooperbrew, not all women are from the UP and can actually lift a full 5 gallons of Wort. :mug:

Last I heard, politicians don't have time to brew.

They're too busy trying to figure out what to do with all that money BMC stuffed in their pockets.

I think there is a supermodel who has been featured in some homebrew magazines, but I forget her name.

Kathy Ireland

Come on...she's closer to your age than mine! Maybe I just remember the name cause she is/was a supermodel though....

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/famous-homebrewers-33074/

kathy%2Bireland%2Bcover2.jpg

C'mon guys it was 1988. Besides it was a precursor to her fashion line in Kmart :) Wonder if she still home brews?

Back