Please Take my Survey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyoohio

Reaction score
I am in the final session of my MBA program and have to create a business plan for a startup company. Much to my surprise, my teammates chose a brewpub without any instigation from me. :ban:

Part of the Marketing plan requires primary research and I chose a survey as this is the easiest to get out.

I would love if every member here would be so kind as to take my survey.
It is a quick 25 question anonymous survey.

Thanks

http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.aspx?id=74017898-4b00-4aae-8109-6483f7efe4d7

I don't mind helping - as a recently graduated Master's student, I can appreciate the work that goes into these...

but - survey is closed...?

Edit: okay, open now. Easy. Good questions! Good luck with your MBA!

Worked for me! Any chance you'll post your business plan here? I'd be curious to take a look (also working on my MBA).

It is due Feb 25th, I will gladly put it here when it is done.

Should be around 60 pages, plus accounting Excel sheets

Would have had very different answers a year ago. Our favorite restaurant at this time serves Thai and other southeast Asian foods and no beer. Before that, we almost always went to a brewpub.

I knew this board was great, but WOW. I figured it would take a week to get enough people, but due to the people here I will have the minimum by the end of today and an even better sample by the end of the week.

I owe all of you a pint.:mug:

Done.

A couple suggestions though if you are actually getting graded on the survey itself and whatnot.

First question- only have 26 in one of the options
#5 - Have an option between sometimes and always. Maybe "often"
#10 - Have an option for "dependent on the place". I know for me that would be very important
#13 - Have an option for something between somewhat likely and never.
#19 - Add "any" or "no preference"
#20 - Add "any" or "no preference"

Feel free to ignore any or all of those. :mug:

I knew this board was great, but WOW. I figured it would take a week to get enough people, but due to the people here I will have the minimum by the end of today and an even better sample by the end of the week.

I remember my work... larger populations make the data look MUCH better - (frequency distributions, etc) keep it rolling!

Well, shut the survey down at 107 responses.

For those that are curious, here are the results.

Survey Results

Thanks again everyone. Hang tight for finished product.

Oh and Dataz722, We are not directly graded on the survey, just the plan itself.
I appreciate the recommendations either way though. Should have thought to post the potential questions first, then tweaked it before having everyone actually take the survey. Life lesson #2342034 I guess ha.

Thanks for posting the results! Very interesting. You should have plenty of meaningful data to sort through.

Thank you for publishing the results! Very interesting.

Age group ... 26 to 35 ... 47.66%
Having been around the board casually, it seemed to me that most here were in their 40’s or so ...
maybe just the age group of those participating in the poll?

How important is pairing food with your drink?
18.69% “not at all” ... I would have thought this higher.
For me, what I like to drink is what I like to drink, and I like it with steak, seafood, pasta and any other food. A philistine I may be, but those’s my preference.

Times a week for “drinks only” ... “less than 1 time per week” ... 67%”
A more telling question might have been “per month”. Not just because of the demographic stated in “age group’ but also trends and economics.

How often do you open a tab? ... “every time” was 32% ... I suspect that this might be higher the older the respondent? I seek to open a tab nearly every time I go out. And I *never* do that leaving a pile of money in front of you thing.

How do you prefer to order drinks? ... pitchers LESS THAN 1% !!!
Now that’s a surprise. Considering that 61.68% respondents said they go out with 3 to 6 other people, I’m surprised. There are a number of positives for drinking the same beer from a pitcher ... cost, opportunity for comparison etc.

Purchasing a growler to take beer home. Somewhat likely ... 41%
Even when package beer is available, I nearly never purchase a growler “to go”.

wyoohio ... thanks again for posting the results!!

Back