PLEASE HELP! liquid yeast scare

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jah

Reaction score
getting ready to make a starter out of my liquid yeast that i put in the fridge after i bought it and it has some solidified yeast in it. a portion that was on the bottom looks as if it has been feeding for a while. looks like the bottom of your primary when it reaches fg. is this ok and just needs to come back to room temp or am i screwed?

No worries. Just let it come up to room temperature and shake it until the yeast is all in suspension. Be careful when you open it though, it's like opening a pop bottle that you shook up - but it isn't going to smell as nice all over your counter. :D

bradsul said:
No worries. Just let it come up to room temperature and shake it until the yeast is all in suspension. Be careful when you open it though, it's like opening a pop bottle that you shook up - but it isn't going to smell as nice all over your counter. :D

ffffffffffhhhheeeewww (wipes brow) thank you

yeah, you want to crack it open a tiny bit, let it hiss the pressure out, then open the rest of the way.

wearing $7 worth of yeast is not a fun experience.

Back