Pitched yeast in wrong buckrt.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sippingainteasy

Reaction score
After a long brew day with many hiccups. I pitched s04 in a bucket of fermented wheat. Has anyone done this before? I'm getting g ready to keg it to get it out of there hopefully it wont throw off any flavors.

Depends on what yeast you used initially, but if that was fully attenuated, I doubt that S04 will do much aside from flocc to the bottom and go to sleep.

Sorry... I didn't see the word "fermented" in front of "wheat". Been a long day. I agree, I don't think you'll notice unless you originally used a yeast with really low attenuation and the US-04 had something left to work with.

If you're kegging it real soon, it won't matter anyway.

I kegged it yesterday and got it in the fridge. the original yeast was 3068 for the wheat. My other problem was I used 1 pack of my S04 so I was only left with 1 pack to split between my 2 buckets I made yesterday. I figured it was best to split the yeast so the buckets have positive pressure in them and then pitch another pack between the 2 in a day when it comes.

Latest posts

Back