Pressure Fermentation > 20psi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElliotFekete

Reaction score
Hi,
I had a bit of a hiccup with my pressure fermenter and wanted to get an idea of what I can expect.

Basically I had run out of CO2 so I pitched the yeast and estimated the setting on my spunding valve. Then left it overnight and turns out I left the spunding valve way too tight and the pressure in the morning was off the scale. Pressure was likely approx 20-25psi. Maximum it could've been is 35psi (the prv trigger).

The yeast still is very active (it's omega lutra kviek) so no obvious effects to yeast health.

Thanks for your help!

You should expect to get beer. And hopefully it'll be good beer. Whether it is or isn't probably won't be any different chance than it is for those that don't pressure ferment, but had some glitch in the fermentation process.

You could add a tablespoon of sugar to it and everything will be great. But that might just be a placebo effect!

Yeah, you'll be alright. I've recently fermented it under pressure in the 20+ PSI range and it ferments just fine with FGs of 1.008-1.010.

just dial it down to whatever you originally wanted and let it finish out.

Back