Philly area Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody brewing today or tomorrow in the Philadelphia area? I have equipment coming in the next couple weeks and have to wait til then so I figured I'd see if I could be a helping hand to anybody. Just looking to hang out, brew, and shoot the ****.

Let me know if anybody is brewing today or tomorrow!

Cheers

Shawn

Does anyone in the philly area have a jockey box I could borrow/rent? I have an outdoor event that i made beer for that I need to serve.

Much thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Headed to the KOP Beerfest on Sat. with my wife. Anyone ever been to this one before/going? Hoping the lines aren't too crazy...

Does anyone in the philly area have a jockey box I could borrow/rent? I have an outdoor event that i made beer for that I need to serve.

Much thanks.

i have a 4 tap box. let me know. just got back into town...

FYI everyone, my beer (Off the Rails Rye IPA) is now on tap at Bethlehem Brew Works. If anyone will be in the area over the next few weeks stop in and try it! I would love to hear what you all think!!

Anybody brewing in the next few days? I'm doing a project where I use spent grain to make dog treats. It's for a charity event for rehabilitated dogs that work with rehabilitated prisoners.

So I need about 7 pounds of non-hopped spent grain. Any kind will do, I'll come pick it up. Let me know if anyone can help.

Anybody brewing in the next few days? I'm doing a project where I use spent grain to make dog treats. It's for a charity event for rehabilitated dogs that work with rehabilitated prisoners.

So I need about 7 pounds of non-hopped spent grain. Any kind will do, I'll come pick it up. Let me know if anyone can help.
i could have given you all you wanted on sunday...

Hey guys...been awhile but I am brewing again. I am putting together my first recipe and need help. I picked up some really cheap ingredients from a shop closing up. Here is what I have so far:

http://gyazo.com/bebc475e6760cf51100a5b975f17ce71

I have a pound of Amarillo Hops to use. I can spread them out, dry hop, or whatever. I want to end up with a nice west coast IIPA. I can pick up more ingredients. Just want some guidance.

Thanks!
Kevin

I have a used sankey keg (converted from corny, posts were welded shut). Looking to trade it for a used ball lock 5G corny. PM me if interested. No pics as of yet, but can provide.

Opening this back up again. Got a couple orders come in. Anybody brewing soon? I will come and haul away some of your grain.

So, anyone looking to make a brewstand anytime soon? I'm looking to practice my welding...

Hey Philly crew,
Anyone interested in a temperature controlled 15 gal plastic conical fermenter with CIP? Looking for $700 OBO. I fabricated the system based on an HBT tutorial, which i can't seem to find anymore. I've used it successfully with the heater set up in the winter on about 4 batches but have yet to set up the AC unit as a glycol chiller. hoping to do that this weekend. I'm selling this to raise funds for a morebeer conical.

Here is the Craigslist ad: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/for/4713568400.html

Temperature controlled minibrew 15 gallon conical fermeneter with CIP - I took a minibrew conical fermenter and drilled out fittings for a stainless steel coil and CIP ball. The coil runs to a reservoir with either hot or cold glycol in it and automatically maintains temp of the beer within 1 degree. I will post pictures asap.

Here is what is included and what I paid:
15 gal minibrew conical fermenter ($400)
Custom 25 ft 3/8" OD stainless steel coil ($76)
CIP ball ($30)
Stainless thermowell ($15)
2X weldless bulkheads ($50)
2 submersible pumps - 1 for CIP; 1 for glycol resevoir ($175)
1 Aquarium heater ($15)
Ranco digital temperature controller ($65)
Johnson digital temperature controller ($75)
Cooler ($25)
Thermowell ($12)
Various fittings and tubing ($50)
1" ball lock for dumb valve ($20)
1/2" ball lock for sampling valve ($15)
Window AC unit for chilling glycol ($35) (Still need to install this but should be pretty simple.)

Total spent: Over $1,050 + MANY hours fabricating and fitting the parts.

I'm looking to get $700 for everything OBO.

Thanks for reading.

Hey guys,
posted this in the classifieds, but wanted to try here as well.....

WTT:

I have some vials of ECY bugs (some new, some opened for Brett trails) for possible trade....

2013 Bug County
2014 Bug Farm
2014 ECY03-B (opened)
2014 ECY04 (opened)
2014 ECY34 Dirty Dozen (opened)

Considering:
Other bugs or other yeast I use more
Some exotic commercial beers
Brewing Equipment

Here is the deal though.... local trade in the Central Jersey/Philly Area only--don't really want to ship

Anyone know of any places local to the Philly area that has ball lock kegs? Used are fine just looking to pick 1 or 2 up and would rather not have to pay a ton for shipping

thanks

Anyone know of any places local to the Philly area that has ball lock kegs? Used are fine just looking to pick 1 or 2 up and would rather not have to pay a ton for shipping

thanks

Weak Knee in Pottstown posted yesterday that they have used kegs. You might give them a call and see which type (and how much)

Does anyone know when Tired Hands' new place is supposed to open? And are they planning on distributing at all when they do?

Yeah, they post pics to social media every once in a while, but I've never seen any info. I would love to be able to buy their beer at my bottle shop rather than drive to the brewery...

Does anyone know when Tired Hands' new place is supposed to open? And are they planning on distributing at all when they do?

I'm going to bike over to TH this weekend from Center City to enjoy a few beers. I'll see if I can chat up Magic Man to find out when they plan on opening and about distributing.

I'm going to bike over to TH this weekend from Center City to enjoy a few beers. I'll see if I can chat up Magic Man to find out when they plan on opening and about distributing.

I was there Friday but didn't get a chance to ask anyone bc they were packed. But the owner of Capone's in east norriton told me that they will be distributing. Kegs only at first but then they'll be canning as well.

Wine, Barley & Hops in Feasterville was kind enough to offer up a $15 gift certificate for Hops Bops. From the looks of their website they don't do mail order and with shipping it likely wouldn't be worth it anyway. Since I don't think I'll ever make the hour drive down there, I'll put the certificate up here (free), for the first person who can use it.

Wine, Barley & Hops in Feasterville was kind enough to offer up a $15 gift certificate for Hops Bops. From the looks of their website they don't do mail order and with shipping it likely wouldn't be worth it anyway. Since I don't think I'll ever make the hour drive down there, I'll put the certificate up here (free), for the first person who can use it.

What is Hops Bops? I thought it was a homebrew competition?

http://www.hopsclub.org/

Was there yesterday, and bought grains for a brew this weekend, the owner Paul is an awesome guy. They have the best cornie price around, like $46. I sure could use that certificate, if you want to DM, me I will send my info, or maybe just give me the info and the numbers, Paul might let it slide with that, without you having to mail, either way!

Back