Petition to Youtube - Craigtube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Speight

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey fellow Homebrewers!

I haven't posted much on this platform but I thought that I would reach out. I'm sure some of you have watched Craigtube in the past on Youtube (that's where I first got introduced to homebrewing).

For some reason his account was taken down by youtube, and without explanation. He had over 80k followers on his homebrew channel and now only has his "Craigtalk" channel leftover.

I'm not sure how we can do this, but maybe we can band together and message the platform (Youtube) to push to have his account reinstated.

If you have a minute, please help a fellow homebrewer out!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Cursory google shows this:

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/craig-tube-suspended.88442/
Music license violation could absolutely be the issue. Though it might be collateral damage as said in link. I've seen Craigtube and always found it cringeworthy at best, dunno if he played music in it, but a vinyl channel tied to the same user I could absolutely see getting flagged easily.

I never got into Craig at all, and watched a small portion of one video. It wasn't my thing but I know that many others did enjoy him. Wasn't he in a successful early 80s band? It seems to me that he was.

Is he the guy that had all sort of things of the garage floor, and picked something up that fell on it and put it in his beer?

There are many good videos and podcasts out there (Bamforth, et al).

I have followed Craig for 10 years, his videos were actually really good to watch as a beginner, and he has his reasons for just doing extract which is fine but he did pay attention to detail and made it look easy, I watched a bunch of his videos and felt better as I was making my first few batches. Then I found this forum and helped me progress as a home brewer

I have been watching him for as long as I've been brewing. I've always liked his videos and his weekly livecasts. I'm hoping he can get his channels/videos back.

I watched a couple of his videos. I wasn't a fan. It wasn't that he just made extract, I get the appeal of making extract beers. If I recall correctly, he always had the attitude of "The isn't considered the best of ingredients, but I'm going to make good beer with it anyway".

Maybe I missed the episodes where he got really enthused and said "I'm not just going to make something that is good enough or surprisingly good, I want to make something really good that I'll expect to turn out exceptionally from the minute I mix up the ingredients in the kettle".

I just watched Craigs video on his CraigTalk channel about the suspension and it led me here to see if anyone posted about it yet. I loved watching his older videos and still subscribed to him to watch whenever he did put out a new video. I do get tired of the "extract makes great beer too, not just all grain!" line, but what else do you have to do when you run out of content? I don't mean that in a bad way, but he just likes to keep his pipeline full and brew Coopers kits, which is fine. They just don't make great youtube videos when you do it over and over for 50 times.

It really would suck having that many years of content just disappear. Hopefully he can get a more direct answer on why they were taken out and get it fixed & get his channel back.

Just checked out that video myself. He said he has been in his Youtube gig for 14 years. That has to hurt. If he really decides to retire than I wish him the best. If what he said was just a little venting he needed to do before getting a proper explanation from YouTube, I hope he'll get it straightened out and start doing his videos again.

I do get tired of the "extract makes great beer too, not just all grain!" line ... They just don't make great youtube videos when you do it over and over for 50 times.

I didn't want to say it so bluntly, because I didn't watch a lot of his stuff and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and blame it on me not finding the right videos, but yeah, it sounds like you watched a lot of his content and came up with the same issues I had. It sounds like you enjoyed his videos in spite of this.

Nah, don't bother with Youtube....I feel sorry for the plenty of creators that are spending hours uploading content only to be subject to Youtube's random rule of the month. It's a money problem, YT can't pay everyone that monetized so they send plenty of warnings as a hedge...When the channel is small nothing happens. When the channel grows it is the perfect excuse. I can't wait for other platforms to make Youtube the next MySpace. BTW same goes for facebook.

Here's my guess...when you upload videos to YouTube and it gets hit with a copyright tag it lets you know in the YouTube Studio. My guess is that Craig didn't check his studio after videos were uploaded and notice that a number of his videos were tagged. My guess is that after numerous videos were tagged and Craig either didn't edit them/contest them YouTube suspended the channel.

I'm a teacher with a YouTube channel and recently our graduation video got tagged. I fought it on the copyright law that allows schools an umbrella to use some copyright items and won. Maybe Craig didn't do his due diligence and is now facing the consequences.

I watched his video and to say it was whiney and playing the victim card didn't sit right with me. I enjoyed his videos when I was first starting out but I agree with the majority the content was lacking in the last few years.

Is this the same dude that put out those jail house brew videos? Like making Pruno or something??

Long time watcher of his videos. They were always entertaining and I will miss them a lot. I am not a fan of You Tube, never have been. He should go to Facebook to post new videos.

Very disappointed. Wth is the online community coming to.👇🤯👎🤬🤔🙄🤨

I watch craig for about 6 years and he got me into kegging. I found him very informational and he provided good data. I was NOT on craigtube for the music. I WAS ON FOR THE BEER!!😁😜😜🤪

Very bummed to say the least.

Craig stay strong!
Pete m

Craigtube and BrewingTV were my go to videos when I started brewing. I did noticed one of the videos in my watch later list was deleted (seems a lot of them are) and I could never figure out which one it was until I saw this thread.

Sucks for him. The newest video he had, I was really wanting to see. It seemed like he was making a lot of changes in his brewing hobby, moved to a different place, whatever. I don't know as I had the video saved to watch later just to see it get deleted. I haven't watched his content in years, so that was one reason why I was interested.

Youtube is like a bad marriage to me. I f--king hate it to be honest, but I'm on it a lot because of the content I'm into. I'm all in for a petition if that's the intent, but I would really like to know more of the story too on how this came to be.

I swerved into some Craigtube videos like many/most HB'ers have when they searched for stuff. I really liked his kegging/cleaning series when I was moving into that, the processes from which I mostly now follow. Seems like a genuinely good guy, my main issue was that the vids were probably 3x longer than they needed to be. Anyway, I prefer to make the choices of what I want to watch, not YT/FB/Reddit/etc. Would be good to know what the issue was and if it was legit. I am very disturbed at what I see in Big Tech's recent trend of censoring of just about anything they want these days, as they effectively control much of our information flow. I hope the best for Craig, whether or not I watch more of his vids.

If it's indeed a music license/copyright issue, not much he can do, nor can you blame YouTube for it. It's their CYA policy so they don't get sued by record companies and prosecuted for facilitating piracy.

I watched perhaps a grand total of 2 of his early videos and wasn't a fan. BUT! as a Youtuber it hurts when a fellow channel owner getting dinged like this. He definitely needs to get Youtube to at least tell him what the violations were.

I watched perhaps a grand total of 2 of his early videos and wasn't a fan. BUT! as a Youtuber it hurts when a fellow channel owner getting dinged like this. He definitely needs to get Youtube to at least tell him what the violations were.
I watched the above "CraigTube is back" vid, and it seemed pretty clear that he knows the issue, it was probably him (such as copyright violation, just a guess), and he doesn't want to (or can't) fight it further.

I watched the above "CraigTube is back" vid, and it seemed pretty clear that he knows the issue, it was probably him (such as copyright violation, just a guess), and he doesn't want to (or can't) fight it further.

I just got through watching it myself. He claims he got several warnings, but no strikes against him. I'm not a YouTuber, so I don't know the rules since I'm not uploading videos. I was under the impression you got three strikes, along with the offending video getting demonetized, before being banned outright.

A memory lane bit here when I first joined, but I remember reading posts about him and this other dude getting into it before the other dude ('TSA' something was the username if I remember) was banned from here. Maybe some of the older members can help out.

That other guy had a real hang up about sanitation....made Walter White look like an amateur.

I just got through watching it myself. He claims he got several warnings, but no strikes against him. I'm not a YouTuber, so I don't know the rules since I'm not uploading videos. I was under the impression you got three strikes, along with the offending video getting demonetized, before being banned outright.

A memory lane bit here when I first joined, but I remember reading posts about him and this other dude getting into it before the other dude ('TSA' something was the username if I remember) was banned from here. Maybe some of the older members can help out.

That other guy had a real hang up about sanitation....made Walter White look like an amateur.
Well, I gotta admit that I also hate it when a fly/june bug gets into my brew (which despite best efforts, does happen when they start smelling that sweet wort)!

Ahhh, "takesomeadvice". He was hilarious in a sad and pathetic kind of way. His YouTube videos were something else.

I believe he lured....someone.... (Palmer, Brad Smith, someone) into a video with him under more or less false pretenses.

It's very much a Poe's Law scenario.

Back