pectic enzymes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyspohn

Reaction score
Can you add pectic enzymes any time or should it be done in the beginning can you do it when you rack into the secondary thanks for any help

Can you add pectic enzymes any time or should it be done in the beginning can you do it when you rack into the secondary thanks for any help

You can add it at any time, but it's most helpful in the beginning to get more juice out of the apples (or other fresh fruit). If you're using juice, it doesn't really matter when you add it.

I have almost 5 pounds of blueberrys in the apple juice its in the fermentation stage now been in the carboy for 7 days now

I have almost 5 pounds of blueberrys in the apple juice its in the fermentation stage now been in the carboy for 7 days now

You can add pectic enzyme at any time. I'd suggest dissolving it in some water or some of the wine first, to avoid causing foaming. But otherwise it can just be stirred in.

Back