Paulaner Oktoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moinkyschmoink

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying to find a recipe for this tasty treat and all I have found is an email from Paulaner stating it was 70% dark malt (people are guessing munich) and 30% pilsen with hallertau bittering hops and hallertau aroma hops. I dig this beer and would love to make a batch. I have been making partials, but this may the one to step up and put on the big boy pants (all grain).:rockin:
Does anyone know of a clone that came up even close?

I am trying to find a recipe for this tasty treat and all I have found is an email from Paulaner stating it was 70% dark malt (people are guessing munich) and 30% pilsen with hallertau bittering hops and hallertau aroma hops. I dig this beer and would love to make a batch. I have been making partials, but this may the one to step up and put on the big boy pants (all grain).:rockin:
Does anyone know of a clone that came up even close?

They have essentially given you the recipe. BTW the best O'fest I've made by coincidence was composed of 70% dark Munich and 30% Pilsner.

Use a blend of the two malts in the amount required in your brewery and for the batch size to yield a wort with an OG of about 1.058. Then use a bittering addition of Hallertau and a small middle addition (30-20minutes) to give you an IBU of ~25.

Back