Optimization of BioFine Clear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the wide range they give for dosing rates has to do with the dozens of various styles of beer. i cant remember exactly all the details, but i was told by someone at BSG that it doesnt interact with hop material, so in reality all you're pulling is proteins, yeast and any assorted trub material thats made it this far. given different styles, grain bills, etc you may need alot or a little- that's why they give the wide range. but using "more" than what is "optimal" doesnt hurt. just a waste of material/money.

one thing i will say about "optimizing" your results from biofine clear is that you should add it before you crash. higher temps mean higher rates of diffusion/molecule interaction/etc, so we give it 24 hours after dosing and then we start crashing. make sure we give it time to spread out and grab some gunk before we try and freeze it all out of the beer.

does very good job in my experience.

Latest posts

Back