Oktoberfest Ale recipe what do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filter

Reaction score
i have come up with this,

6.6 lme
1.0 lbs Munich malt
0.5 lbs Caramunich Malt
0.5 lbs Crystal Malt 80
1.0 oz Tettnang 60min
1.0 oz Hallertauer 60min
0.5 oz Tettnang 30min
0.5 oz Hallertauer 30min
Irish moss 15min

German Ale wyeast 1007
Reading on Wyest web site they said if you ferment at cooler temp 55-68 it will have lager characteristics , this is my frist try at this, let me know
Lenny

Not too bad. If possible, I would bump up the munich by maybe another pound and decrease the lme a bit to compensate, just to give it a bit more body. Also, do you have the ability to lager? Guessing not cause you want to use the 1007, but if you do, go with 2308 or 2206 and lager that beer for a while. You will not be disappointed.

Unless this is a partial mash I'm not sure that the Munich malt is necessary. I'd drop it and go with 1 lb. Cara-Munich. I'd also go with a hop addition somewhere within 20 minutes for flavor/aroma. I guess you'd call this an altbier seeing as how an Oktoberfest is a lager. Should be tasty.

Thanks Guys, i cant lager yet, i wish i could, i am just tying to get close with an Ale
Thansk Again Lenny

Back