Obnoxious REAL Football Trash Talking Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T-minus 6 days until my Gators kick off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 4 days until more REAL football starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beer is brewed, the peanuts will be boiled, and the meat will be smoked. Best time of the year.

4 days! I am getting giddy now.

I like Muschamp as a person... I am witholding judgement as a coach.

Texas was hardly a defensive powerhouse... lol

I'm going to have to blame all of Texas' woes on Greg Davis and that "prolific" offense he was running. Texas National Total Defense Rankings per cfbstats.com:

2010- 5th
2009- 3rd
2008- 51st
2007 - 52nd

If Weis can put together an offense that effectively uses all of the athleticism Florida has, history shows that Muschamp will put together one hell of a defense (cfbstats didn't go back that far but Auburn was a top 10 D during his 2 year stay with us as well).

With the exception of Oct. 15, good luck!

Pork butt on the smoker, homebrew in the fridge, pass on the SWMBO list for the day, temps in the 50's right now and high in the 70's and pregame stuff on at 7am and the Tivo guide set to only show football. This should be a great Saturday

It doesn't get any better! I hope Muschamp works out for y'all, I enjoyed watching him work when we still had him on the Plains.

War Eagle!
Dude, what the freaking eff is this?!?!?!?! Get back from a trail work day and excited turn on the tube to see Auburn getting it handed to them by Utah State?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Man, I hope you guys get your d together. Hard to be an egotistical SEC fan with showings like this. (I say this fully understanding that no one really has any idea how my team is going to do this year).

I really like Auburn (second favorite team in SEC), so this was tough to see.

Thank God it looks like they might pull something off now... 1st and 10 on USU's 17 with a minute to go... down by three... Come on Tigers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice start to another dismal season Notre Dame. USF Bulls gonna wax you.

Notre Dame = one of my top 5 most hated programs in sports, period.

Yeah, it was painful to watch, we've got a lot to figure out in the next 5 days or MSU will blow us straight out of the stadium :(

Yeah, but they had several games last year where they found a way to win in tough situations... that says a lot for them. As they showed clearly last year, a W is a W.

Plug up the holes in the D and it would be much better. :mug:

I am just going to keep talking to myself on here dammit.

The TN Volunteers headed to Gainesville to play my Gators in the Swamp this weekend... gonna be a big game for sure! GO GATORS!

I'll come along for the ride and keep the thread going. After this past weekend, I've decided that we can't stop anybody unless we need a stand on the last drive of a game. Other than that other teams are free to score at will on Auburn, but hey we're still 2-0, so I'll keep watching the weekly heart attack!

I think that Tyler Bray is going to get put in his place by a competent SEC secondary this week, best of luck to the Gators!

Same to you. I think Auburn will get into sync by the end of the year.

I am in complete disbelief how many more people on here prefer the NFL to NCAA football. Figures it would mainly be SEC fans who are on here actively. lol

Whatever, the Big Ten/Twelve represents!! It's just most SEC fans like to run their mouths more often.

_

You sure do, the SEC has the highest payroll in college.

_
That's why USC (NOT the one in the SEC) and OSU are in the hottest water for it.

We may or may not have the highest payroll, that is debatable. But what isn't debatable, is that we absolutely do have the highest number and concentration of great football programs of any conference. :mug:

Wow what a game! LSU and Miss state, battle of field goals, compelling football. My insomnia is cured, sure as hell. Go watch the last 5 minutes of Michigan and Notre Dame, that's how it's done in college.

_

wildwest450 said:
Wow what a game! LSU and Miss state, battle of field goals, compelling football. My insomnia is cured, sure as hell. Go watch the last 5 minutes of Michigan and Notre Dame, that's how it's done in college.

_

A long time ago that game was all about defense and field goals. But I agree much more exciting these days.
Go <----

_

Yup. There are some real programs right there. You can't be serious. I will give you the LSU Miss St. game was slightly boring, but that was far from the normal SEC game.

Notre Dame hasn't been significant since the late 80's. Michigan since 1998. I will give them that they beat my Gators in 2003. But we sucked that year. And, unlike those two teams, have accomplished more than mediocrity since then.

Y I will give them that they beat my Gators in 2003. But we sucked that year. And, unlike those two teams, have accomplished more than mediocrity since then.

I guess you forgot all about 2008 when we beat the almighty Tebow as well. Hell, even our little brothers at State beat you fools. Typical sec mentality that no one else is relevant but you. For the record Michigan is 7-3 vs the sec in bowl games.

_

I guess you forgot all about 2008 when we beat the almighty Tebow as well. Hell, even our little brothers at State beat you fools. Typical sec mentality that no one else is relevant but you. For the record Michigan is 7-3 vs the sec in bowl games.

_

What else happened in 2008 with the Gators? After we lost by 1 point to a great SEC TEAM, we won the BCS National Championship.

And Miss. State didn't beat us that year. Or the next. The beat us last year when we were being led by a non-mentally engaged coach (due to health reasons), and an offensive coordinator who insisted on forcing Brantley to try to be Tim Tebow.

Funny that you're an Ol Miss fan and hate the SEC.

I'm surprised someone actually considered Auburn to have a strong team in the preseason. I expected them to perform ~500 at best (and still do sadly) as a fan. In their limited defense their offense seems to be doing ok but they have nearly zero defense to speak of which ironic since their head coach is an UNBELIEVABLE defensive mind. On the other hand at least they never give up...

That said:

MWC may be losing teams currently but they'd have had little reason to have done so if they had the BCS berth they've deserved for more than a few years now.

Speaking of BCS berths... Outside of Oklahoma and Texas (albeit not this year ;) ) and sometimes Nebraska before they left they really don't have any overly strong teams on a consistent basis. Mizzou is the closest to try and claim any real consistency on that front and they've still not stepped up above that merely "Good" level in my eyes yet. Kansas is Basketball aside from a few fluke years. ATM is decent but they're only at that "Good" level as well (and headed to the SEC to boot ;) ). Really OSU is the only team I see still there that really is close to hitting that "Elite" gear.

Michigan. Yes, they're good in the Bowls on good years... I would never claim them a chump team. That said I will hate Michigan eternal purely on account of one asshat which is pretty sad as otherwise I'd have every reason to like them. On the other hand I couldn't bring myself to pull for OSU even if I tried if only to spite them but I suppose I could settle for Michigan St. but that doesn't seem to carry the same maliciousness imo.

Notre Dame sucks if for no other reason that the special treatment they get as opposed to the other schools. I see very little difference in them schedule-wise versus the typical BCS buster teams (Formerly Utah, TCU, Boise St. Etc...). Frankly I'd rank the oft-scheduled Michigan ahead of their typical USC scheduling but that might admittedly be maliciousness towards USC.

USC: The only school I threatened to disown my daughter if she considered attending. I don't care if she chooses any other school in California or even the ever-evil Michigan by contrast. My hatred for them is an ever increasing mountain with no apparent peak. I'm just surprised they got slapped with "real" sanctions for a change and they didn't get redirected on Alabama St.

Michigan State not miss state. Don't ever confuse me for an sec fan. And yes, congratulations on your three national championships in 105 years, stellar.

_

Michigan State not miss state. Don't ever confuse me for an sec fan. And yes, congratulations on your three national championships in 105 years, stellar.

_

I see. How many in the last 5 years? 15?

As for me, I think I speak for all Gator fans when I say that you can have your 11 National Championships. Considering only 1 came within the last 60+ years.

I will say this, at least the Big 10 (or 12?) people are passionate enough to post on here. I am still in disbelief more people aren't on this thread. Maybe with my title they think it's about soccer?

I really don't see the SEC hype you speak of save for a few limited situations. Yes, the announcers have SEC hardons but announcers are generally stupid and frequently proven wrong (or in the case of Lee Corso ALWAYS proven wrong but also ALWAYS funny. ;) ). The stupid trashy Alabama fans (please note I'm not referring to all Alabama fans here but rather a specific subset of them of which every single team in the country as far as I can tell has at least a few mutations of) and their arrogant sister Tennessee variants. I'm rather curious about the Tennessee ones over the past couple years as I've not observed them firsthand in recent years after being bludgeoned over coaching issues.

Other than that I've seen large numbers of Auburn, LSU, Georgia, and Florida fans speak very highly and praisingly of various teams in a variety of conferences. First and foremost of that bunch the B1G. So I just don't see it. It could be the 7 out of 12 NCs awarded with the BCS system (regardless of the cause) and that doesn't even address the undefeated Auburn team in 2004 regardless of how you feel about their "Citadel" scheduling. Pretty sure most Michigan fans won't begrudge them that after getting beat by Appalachian St. IIRC.

Also if you're picking arbitrary stats like that wouldn't that be like pointing out TCU is undefeated in both the Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl games they've played there (And yes, they've had more than 2 total berths.......).

Would you like to tell us where your real spite for the SEC comes from? Because from where I'm sitting you're just as poor a fan representative as the Alabama and Tennessee obnoxious fans I mentioned above.

Would you like to tell us where your real spite for the SEC comes from? Because from where I'm sitting you're just as poor a fan representative as the Alabama and Tennessee obnoxious fans I mentioned above.

Perhaps the sound of 100,000 pick up truck horns honking simultaneously at every Vol. touchdown has him a bit jaded.:p

I really don't see the SEC hype you speak of save for a few limited situations. Yes, the announcers have SEC hardons but announcers are generally stupid and frequently proven wrong (or in the case of Lee Corso ALWAYS proven wrong but also ALWAYS funny. ;) ). The stupid trashy Alabama fans (please note I'm not referring to all Alabama fans here but rather a specific subset of them of which every single team in the country as far as I can tell has at least a few mutations of) and their arrogant sister Tennessee variants. I'm rather curious about the Tennessee ones over the past couple years as I've not observed them firsthand in recent years after being bludgeoned over coaching issues.

Other than that I've seen large numbers of Auburn, LSU, Georgia, and Florida fans speak very highly and praisingly of various teams in a variety of conferences. First and foremost of that bunch the B1G. So I just don't see it. It could be the 7 out of 12 NCs awarded with the BCS system (regardless of the cause) and that doesn't even address the undefeated Auburn team in 2004 regardless of how you feel about their "Citadel" scheduling. Pretty sure most Michigan fans won't begrudge them that after getting beat by Appalachian St. IIRC.

Also if you're picking arbitrary stats like that wouldn't that be like pointing out TCU is undefeated in both the Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl games they've played there (And yes, they've had more than 2 total berths.......).

Great post. Agree 100%.

Although I have never had many problems with Bama fans. UT on the other hand...

Oddly enough years ago the Alabama fans were considered to be the "classy" fans of the two. Now a days it's the other way around per the opinions I've heard. Exceptions to this is on the Paul Finebaum show as Paul has been in the tank for Alabama from the first time I heard his show. I don't actually believe he bears Auburn any malice necessarily, but it amuses me to hear him claim he's not an Alabama fan. Perhaps in his shows preceding 2006 he wasn't so in the tank for them? Frankly I would have expected him to be a TN fan.

That said I'm dispositioned to not care for OSU in any game save the Mich/OSU game. As far as pecking orders go they're near the bottom of my totem. I'm really disappointed for Boise St that Georgia appears as if they may go "defeated" this year. I'd very much like to see Boise vs LSU (whom coincidently I believe to be better than Alabama but we'll see in a bit I guess) for the National Championship. Say what you want about them but as far as I'm concerned they could have easily punched one into the endzone at the end of the Georgia game with ease since voters are so easily swayed but they just kneeled on it and left with a meager 2 TD win.

It was a shame about Oregon last year. They're actually relatively high on my support list but not enough to supplant my favorite team. :) With Utah in the conference I now feel like there's two teams I can support in the PAC for a change.

Accidic- so what is your team then? Now you have me curious...

And I agree on Ohio State. I hate me some Ohio State.

PS, having lived a short drive from Neyland... I don't know about 100,000 pickup truck horns being blown although I think the running jab is that the domestic violence cases after a loss skyrocket. (My mother worked @ UT Hospital and that's just what her colleagues claimed, I don't know if it's true.) Not funny if it's actually true but near hilarious if it's not.

Both Tennessee and LSU fans threw cups of soda and beer at my friend while at the game. She is married to one of the coaches at UF at the time, and was pregnant.

Now he coaches up North, but she said the LSU and UT fans were the worst she's come across of all the places they have been with the three teams he has coached for.

I'm an Auburn fan. I've been one since I was 4. My Brother and Father are Alabama fans. I *THINK* my mother is a Tennessee fan. Most of my good friends are Tennessee fans.

That said I roughly go in no particular order:

Auburn: 25
SEC: 10
Utah: 8
Oregon: 6
Texas: 6 (Please note this is a closet level fan sort of thing. Generally it's not my type of school but oddly I still rather like them. I've heard really bad things about their fanbase too which would deter but they did do me that solid in 2005 against USC so... Meh.)
TCU: 6
Boise St: 7
Michigan St: 5
Wisconsin: 4
Hawaii: 10 (But I'll never be able to view them as anything other than the "Rainbow Warriors")
ULL Ragin' Cajuns: 6 (I always get ULM and ULL mixed up. I still think one should just rebadge themselves "Louisiana" as LSU is *NOT* "Louisiana")
Georgia Tech: 2
Virginia Tech: 4
Cincinnati: 1
Minnesota: 2
Underdog: 8
Florida: 3
Arkansas: 4
Tennessee: 2
South Carolina: 2 (Their mascot is the "Cocks" ffs)
LSU: 1
Being Browbeat by announcers and given no respect: 5

OSU: -5
Notre Dame: -10
Michigan: -50
USC: -100 (They'd have matched Michigan but between living in Cali for half a decade as well as the whole 2004 debacle the Pacific Ocean could swallow them whole and I don't know if it'd hurt my feelings any)

Tally points for favorite of the game. :) I'm also glad to see ATM join the SEC frankly. If they pick up Mizzou as some have suggested I'd like to see Auburn/Alabama bounced to the SEC East. Auburn's always belonged there in my opinion anyway. I hate to see the loss of the LSU and Arkansas games but there's always the championship games. :) Basketball is of course another story. I have a softspot for Gonzaga there from before they proved to be annual bracket busters (they won me a *LOT* of money back in those days then made a lot of noise in the 64 to boot afterwards).

The funny thing is my ranking for types of sport makes no sense with the above mentioned...

#1 Football
#2 Hockey (albeit very close)
#3 Basketball
#4 Lacrosse
#5 Near anything else
#6 Baseball
#7 Golf

Did I mention #7 gave #6 a run for it's money? ;)

I can't speak for LSU fans at the game (although I'm related to a massive number of people in Louisiana who seem to be predominantly LSU fans) but for the Tennessee fans I've seen a couple people get the ever loving **** beat out of them for similar behavior (And yes, that's a Tennessee Vol on Tennessee Vol hate crime. :) ). I'm moderately confident any of my direct family members in the same situation @ Death Valley would create the same result in the same example.

Coincidently I got drinks thrown at me at an Illinois game I had the opportunity to attend and on a slightly different note in Detroit we were EXTREMELY hesitant to leave our hotel rooms after some hostility from the locals on our first day just trying to pick up a bite to eat at the restaurant we went to. Too bad Cheli's wasn't there at the time.

Also, having been to a GB game in GB and a game @ the Swamp it amuses me to hear people claim GB is the most intimidating place to play. The Swamp is ABSOLUTELY insane due to it's design the best I can tell. Supposedly it's built in a very large sinkhole so everything reverbs.

Also, having been to a GB game in GB and a game @ the Swamp it amuses me to hear people claim GB is the most intimidating place to play. The Swamp is ABSOLUTELY insane due to it's design the best I can tell. Supposedly it's built in a very large sinkhole so everything reverbs.

I love your ranking system. You have to be an accountant or statistician or something... lol

I agree on the Swamp. I had season tickets for the last 10 years, and only missed one home game in that time. It is insane how loud it can get. :rockin:

Back