NFL Offseason, HBT mock draft?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohiobrewtus said:
With the 34th pick the Falcons select Jonathan Stewart, RB - Oregon.

The Falcons have bigger needs here, but with Stewart falling into their lap they just can't pass him up.

Im still a bit dubious on Stewart a lot of people are worried about his Injury.

RICLARK said:
Im still a bit dubious on Stewart a lot of people are worried about his Injury.

I am as well, but I can almost guarantee that come April 26th that he will not last as long as he did in our mock draft. Mendenhall and Stewart are much better than Jones, Charles, Forte, Rice, Smith and Choice.

ohiobrewtus said:
I am as well, but I can almost guarantee that come April 26th that he will not last as long as he did in our mock draft. Mendenhall and Stewart are much better than Jones, Charles, Forte, Rice, Smith and Choice.

You are right on that. I have to leave for work in a couple of hours and if Buffalo Sabres doesn't take him I will be selecting Felix Jones for the jets. You can make the pick if you want so we can keep this draft rolling.

Wow! Lookout for the Jones boys in the Jets backfield. That is a force. Add in that upgraded offensive line, they would definitely be in great shape.

With the 37th pick the Atlanta Falcons select Pat Sims, DT - Auburn.

New Head Coach Mike Smith is a defensive guy and after addressing QB and RB it's time to start hitting up his side of the ball.

With the 38th selction the Baltimore Ravens select Dan Connor, LB - Penn State.

Ray Lewis can't play forever. Connor can learn under Lweis for a year or two then step into Lewis' role.

With the 39th selection the Baltimore Ravens select Justin King, CB - Penn State.

jzal8 is on the clock next. If I end up making his pick for him then the mock draft is officially over. Interest has eroded.

With the 40th pick the New Orleans Saints select Dustin Keller, TE Purdue:

The saint's need another solid weapon in the passing game. Dustin Keller is not much of a blocking TE, but is more of an atheletic pass catching weapon, who is capable of operating in a spread offense. I could see how they would benefit having a TE with that ability, as well as reggie bush in the backfield, Colston and Henderson split out. Brees will be able to operate well in that kind of situation.

Also, they failed to trade for shockey.

Sorry guys, I forgot to send Limited Visibility a PM about his pick He's now officially on the clock.

With the 42nd selection the Denver Broncos select Trevor Laws, DT - Notre Dame.

With the 43rd Pick the Carolina Panthers Select, Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas

Rationale: They need a TE but there are many top tier prospects. They Need everything and Charles is a good prospect.

RICLARK said:
With the 43rd Pick the Carolina Panthers Select, Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

Rationale: They need a TE but there are many top tier prospects. They also need to start thinking about the Future with there crappy Signal Callers.

Brohm was selected 8th overall by the Baltimore Ravens. Please make a different selection.

I dunno about anybody else...but i am getting super pumped for the draft in a week. I know i'm a diehard giants fan, but that espn draft commercial with jacobs, boss, eli and tyree is just awsome.

jzal8 said:
I dunno about anybody else...but i am getting super pumped for the draft in a week. I know i'm a diehard giants fan, but that espn draft commercial with jacobs, boss, eli and tyree is just awsome.

I'm sooooo stoked for this weekend. :rockin:

I'm brewing up my RedHop Ale Saturday morning, then chilling all day in front of the tube watching the draft.

This mock draft will end when the actual draft begins at 3 pm on Saturday. No need to keep it going after teams have made their actual picks.

For those of you that are still participating in this - how do you think that the first round will go? Post your own mock draft!

ohiobrewtus said:
This mock draft will end when the actual draft begins at 3 pm on Saturday. No need to keep it going after teams have made their actual picks.

For those of you that are still participating in this - how do you think that the first round will go? Post your own mock draft!

Im still trying to pin down what the Big Tuna is going to do, he is to damn unpredictable.

here is my mock first Rd.

1. Miami Dolphins - Chris Long, DE - Virginia
2. St. Louis Rams - Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State
3. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
4. Oakland Raiders - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
5. Kansas City Chiefs - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
6. New York Jets - Leodis McKelvin, DB - Troy State
7 New England Patriots (from SF) - Branden Albert, G, Virginia
8. Baltimore Ravens - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
10. New Orleans Saints - Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
11. Buffalo Bills - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, TSU
12. Denver Broncos - Ryan Clady, OT - Boise State
13. Carolina Panthers - Chris Williams, OT - Vanderbilt
14. Chicago Bears - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
15. Detroit Lions - Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida -They may trade down but doubtful.
16. Arizona Cardinals - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
17. Minnesota Vikings - Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
18. Houston Texans - Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
19. Philadelphia Eagles - Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
20. Tampa Bay - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
21. Washington Redskins - Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
22. Dallas Cowboys - DeSean Jackson, WR/PR, California
23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
24. Tennessee Titans - James Hardy, WR, Indiana
25. Seattle Seahawks - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
26. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina
27. San Diego - Anthony Collins, OT, Kansas
28. Dallas Cowboys - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
29. San Francisco 49'ers - Quentin Groves, DE/OLB, Auburn
30. Green Bay Packers - Antoine Cason, CB - Arizona
31. Pick forfeited by New England Patriots
32. New York Giants - Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami

I'm making this pick for Evan since he's in Europe (******) at the moment...

With the 46th selection the Cincinnati Bengals select Mario Manningham, WR - Michigan.

In an effort to get round 2 completed before the actual draft on Saturday, I've changed the selections around and assigned all remaining selections to the 4 people who seeb to be left that are actively participating. jzal8, RICLARK, BuffaloSabresBrewer and I. Guys, please check the OP to see the new selection order. We should be able to bang this thing out in no time now.

With the 48th selection the Atlanta Falcons select Curtis Lofton, LB - Oklahoma.

BuffaloSabresBrewer is now on the clock for the Eagles with the 49th pick.

Looking at my pick right now, but just some breaking news for everyone still following this thread:

ESPN says the dolphins are going to announce at 1:45 today that they are selecting Jake Long with their #1 pick.

jzal8 said:
Little confused, are picks 11 and 20 the same guy?

Holy crap, I have no idea how I missed that. I guess for our purposes we'll assume that Mike Jenkins is so damn good that he can play for two teams at the same time!

lol, yea I have ran through the list on every pick and never noticed it before either. The funniest part is that BuffaloSabres picked him both times. Which I guess qualifies him as a draft genius :)

Move over Uncle Ben,

With the 50th pick in the draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Ray Rice, RB Rutgers.

Even with the double Mike Jenkins pick, there were still not any CB's left were a second round pick for the cardinals. They hope Ray Rice will be a successful compliment next to edge, behind a line which is being rebuilt.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
Wow I cant believe I did that! No I can. My bad I could fix it later.

Not much that can be done about it now, as all of the players who would have been selected in that spot are now long gone.

That's my bad, I should have caught it.

With the 51st selection, the Washington Redskins select Andre Caldwell, WR - Florida.

and with the 53rd the Steelers will take Duane Brown, OT, Virginia Tech
I defiantly cant handle all these picks!

Back