Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess suicide watch is over. Here's some nice shiny stats showing Appearances aren't all they're cracked up to be for some teams. :p

sb_appearances.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions#Super_Bowl_appearances_by_team

Guys.... Its simple. Since the year 2000, there has not been a better team. Go ahead, try to prove me wrong.

You can all blab on and on all you want but if you could wave a magic wand and switch records, stats, etc., you would do it in a second and say "thank you" immediately following.

Cape Brewing said:
Guys.... Its simple. Since the year 2000, there has not been a better team.

The Packers owned the 60's, the Steelers owned the 70's, the 49ers owned the 80's, Cowboy's owned the 90's, and the Patriots owned the 2000's.

But it's a new era, and the Patriots are dead if they don't build up that nursing home they call a defense. The AARP is sending scouts to practice.

switch records, stats, etc., you would do it in a second and say "thank you" immediately following.

why would i want to switch stats with someone who hasn't won a superbowl in 7 years?

so cape, what's the running total? how munch money have you spent to watch the patriots lose superbowls?

yeah, no kidding. patriots have been around what, 50 years? you just caught a little hot streak.

... and I haven't been alive for 50 years so I couldn't care less about the freakin' leather-helmet era. It's all cute and wonderful for folks to day dream about how great their teams were right after the freakin' Great Depression but I'll live in the recent past.

I'll take a history of winning over a decade of dominance any day of the week cape.

13 is the magic number.

LOL!!! Ok... so if I offered you the next ten years with 3 Super Bowl wins in 5 appearances in exchange for a "history of winning" you would pass??

LOL!!

Really?? That's what you're trying to convince me of??

You're funny. Like Moto.

the battle cry of angst-ridden teens everywhere.

i'm sorry you don't have a long and storied history of winning. wait, no i'm not.

LOL!!! Ok... so if I offered you the next ten years with 3 Super Bowl wins in 5 appearances in exchange for a "history of winning" you would pass??

LOL!!

Really?? That's what you're trying to convince me of??

You're funny. Like Moto.

Sure would. Besides, the last one they showed up to, they walked away with hardware.

Hey Moto... while I was at the Super Bowl I got a chance to hang out behind the set of the NFL Network... it was kinda cool... Rodgers was about 20 feet from us doing analysis on the game.

He looked pretty comfortable in a suit with a microphone in his hand on Super Bowl sunday.

Hey Moto... while I was at the Super Bowl I got a chance to hang out behind the set of the NFL Network... it was kinda cool... Rodgers was about 20 feet from us doing analysis on the game.

He looked pretty comfortable in a suit with a microphone in his hand on Super Bowl sunday.

How did his MVP title look up close?

Instead of showing off his pretend Championship belt, is Rodgers now going to pretend to hoist his "NFL-MVP" trophy in State Farm commercials?

Ain't that the truth. Still, Niners would have beat you as well.

Psss. Giant's defense, in the playoffs, has been as good as anybody's. Pats wouldn't have necessarily scored any more points than they did (they REALLY missed Gronk out there), but I don't see them scoring any less.

And, there's a lot of things that I don't know, but one thing I do know... Alex Smith ain't throwing that 38-yard pass on the Giants' last drive.

I was nervous about playing the Giants, but I would not have been playing against San Fran.

Psss. Giant's defense, in the playoffs, has been as good as anybody's. Pats wouldn't have necessarily scored any more points than they did (they REALLY missed Gronk out there), but I don't see them scoring any less.

And, there's a lot of things that I don't know, but one thing I do know... Alex Smith ain't throwing that 38-yard pass on the Giants' last drive.

I was nervous about playing the Giants, but I would not have been playing against San Fran.

Lol. You would have had both TEs completely taken out of the game and no running game at all. 14 points would have been enough for our defense to beat you.

Well, we'll worry about that the next time the 49'ers make the Super Bowl. I mean, it's only been what.... eighteen years since their last appearance? You've got to figure they're overdue.

Guys.... Its simple. Since the year 2000, there has not been a better team. Go ahead, try to prove me wrong.

You can all blab on and on all you want but if you could wave a magic wand and switch records, stats, etc., you would do it in a second and say "thank you" immediately following.

And the Pats would have to keep up that pace for the next 100 years to catch up to the Packers.

... and I haven't been alive for 50 years so I couldn't care less about the freakin' leather-helmet era. It's all cute and wonderful for folks to day dream about how great their teams were right after the freakin' Great Depression but I'll live in the recent past.

You may not care less about it, but it was still there. And every single NFL pundit acknowledges it. You just don't want to "care" about that era because it makes the Pats stats seem less remarkable. Kinda pathetic, really.

You may not care less about it, but it was still there. And every single NFL pundit acknowledges it. You just don't want to "care" about that era because it makes the Pats stats seem less remarkable. Kinda pathetic, really.

Maybe... But... To me... That doesnt seem as pathetic as clinging onto something that took place even before you were born because it seems to make your current situation seem more remarkable. Cause that kinda strikes me as pathetic.. Really.

Cape Brewing said:
Maybe... But... To me... That doesnt seem as pathetic as clinging onto something that took place even before you were born because it seems to make your current situation seem more remarkable. Cause that kinda strikes me as pathetic.. Really.

I'm not clinging to anything. I'm trying to get you to face reality.

One thing I know for sure is 1903 - 1918: never happened.

:confused: Then do your homework...

Isn't the internets awesome how it's a wee bit cyclical?

Back