Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is that different than you chowds acting like crapping 2 Superbowl's away to the same team is no big deal?

Oh its a huge deal. Losing the Super Bowl sucks and yeah, obviously it is all woulda coulda shoulda but... The Pats were THIS close to five SB wins. One play in each game and Brady is sporting one for the thumb as well as a perfect season.

Its a huge deal.

But... Saying "the Pats suck" cause they lost two Super Bowls by about a combined touchdown is stupid... And that's what we are cracking back on. Teams that suck dont make it to the Super Bowl and I'll take a Super Bowl loss over a quick playoffs exit any day.

Thats the difference. Chuckleheads on this thread (and trust me, I know it is all trash talk) are trying to make it out like losing in the Super Bowl is the worst thing ever.

I would rather be second than fifth. And going to the Super Bowl is pretty cool in itself.

Take it easy boys- it was a freaking joke. Did you not see the smileys at the bottom? GAWD it's fun getting you chowderheads all worked up.

Oh its a huge deal. Losing the Super Bowl sucks and yeah, obviously it is all woulda coulda shoulda but... The Pats were THIS close to five SB wins. One play in each game and Brady is sporting one for the thumb as well as a perfect season.

hahaha! this made my day

i'd still like to know the total amount cape brewing spent to watch the patriots lose superbowls.

I look at the playoffs this way. If you lost to the eventual SB champs in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or SB round you're run was still better off than getting knocked out by a team that didn't win it all.

Works in my head anyway. Sucks that it happened to WI teams twice in one season though.

Take it easy boys- it was a freaking joke. Did you not see the smileys at the bottom? GAWD it's fun getting you chowderheads all worked up.

LOL... good luck with that. Certain folks will always take what you type in this thread as actual, dead serious talk coming out of your mouth and forget the title of this thread.

You can tell cause they always snap back with the incredulous comments of stuff like "well!!! HOW IS THAT DIFFERENT THEN.....!?!".

It's a trash talk thread. Some folks still don't get that.

But then again... that's a huge part of the fun... getting people fired up.

lol! 5 bucks is a ton of money to me, so that's not a very good qualifier.

More than $5...

Would make both trips again in a heartbeat.

(trash talk hat removed for one second)... kinda cheesy but my buddy who went with my out to Indy said it was the second best experience of his life behind his wedding... even though the Pats lost. Going to a Super Bowl is just nuts. The whole event is insane and hanging out all day, drinking good beers thinking, "you have a ticket to the super bowl!" is a lot of fun.

(trash talk hat put back on and cheesy talk ended)

yeah... the Packers blow somethin fierce and the Giants obviously cheated.

eh, i'm sure it was fun. but for ~$3k / dude....could do a lot with that. heck, would only need four dudes and we could rent out Road America for the day, complete with ambulance crew and corner workers.

I've been told by a few people that the championship games are better than the SB because the stands are still filled with true fans as opposed to celebrities and business types looking to show off (Cape is fits the latter to a T... ;)) Seriously though I was real close to going to the Packers-Giants game before I even knew the Giants were in it and my wife decided to get all bitchy on me. I also was a part of a huge group who bought AFC champ tickets to TN 4 years ago when they looked like they were going to host it. Thankfully we got our money back.

I agree with Cape, even knowing the Pack lost, I'd still go back and buy those damn tickets if she didn't ***** out on me.

I've been told by a few people that the championship games are better than the SB

Yeah, well those people are stupid *****es.

It's the Super Bowl.

I have been to a bunch of AFC Championship games and a few Super Bowls... there is no comparison. If people don't think folks at the Super Bowl are into the game cause they are "corp types", that just means they've never been.

There is nothing like going to a Super Bowl, especially if your team is playing.... Even if they lose.

Not even close. I'm the wrong guyto ask cause I am a much larger football fan than Baseball fan. I'm not exaggerating.. I dont think I have watched more than a couple of innings, total, in the last two or three years.

Cape Brewing said:
Not even close. I'm the wrong guyto ask cause I am a much larger football fan than Baseball fan. I'm not exaggerating.. I dont think I have watched more than a couple of innings, total, in the last two or three years.

Let's stay on topic here, this is am obnoxious football thread. We barely want to hear yo talk about football, nobody wants to hear you talk about baseball. :)

To be honest, I consider myself to be a Twins fan, although the only reason I go to games is to drink beer on a hot summer day. Of course good beer is $8 a pop.

I am the opposite. Baseball is, in my mind, the best game that was ever invented. I do like to watch football, especially considering how well the Packers have done the last 20 years, but it really just keeps me busy till spring training starts. Which, if I am not mistaken, is in 8 days!!! :ban::ban::ban::ban:

Bernie Brewer said:
I am the opposite. Baseball is, in my mind, the best game that was ever invented. I do like to watch football, especially considering how well the Packers have done the last 20 years, but it really just keeps me busy till spring training starts. Which, if I am not mistaken, is in 8 days!!! :ban::ban::ban::ban:

Hell yeah man. Who's yer team?

You guys got some other place to talk about baseball? This here is the football thread going dormant.

images

Patriots are going to have a better team next year. Not losing anyone of much substance, assuming a Welker deal. Two first and second round picks. Let's go for a title. If they trade down with a couple of those picks with the lower salary they have to pay rookies, I'll be bent. We need a couple receivers, a pass rusher or two and, well that's it. I think we are really all set in the secondary, right?

Only problem is the Packers really like taking home the title in New Orleans. Why you think Vegas has them as favorites?

Latest posts

Back