Other NW Breweries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 231514

Reaction score
The last post in here was over a month ago on January 29th. I'm getting tired of seeing the Boise water analysis thread at the top. Let's talk about your favorite NW brewery or beer and try to liven this place up a little.

Maybe not my favorite but I really like what 7 Seas Brewing is doing. Their Ballz Deep DIPA is very good and their tap room in Gig Harbor has a great atmosphere. I'm looking forward to visiting their new second location in Tacoma when I make it up that way. Has anyone been there?

Living in Northcentral WA doesn't give me a lot of opportunities to get out to Breweries. Tasting however, I'm pretty fond of the beers coming out of Ironhorse Brewery in Ellensburg. Irish Death, Mocha Death, Farmlandia and High Five Hef are all very good beers in my opinion.

The Tacoma Seven Seas is a bit bigger than the Gig Harbor tap room, and has the added benefit of having a restaurant on site. It's not THEIR restaurant, but rather someone they're partnered with. Has more of a view as well. Ballz Deep is my go-to when I'm there. Even carried a pint of it to Mt Adams summit.

A new addition to Downtown Tacoma is Dystopian State Brewing, on Baker Street, a short walk from The Grand Cinema, not far from Tacoma Brewing Company. Decent beers, plenty of choices.

Living in Northcentral WA doesn't give me a lot of opportunities to get out to Breweries. Tasting however, I'm pretty fond of the beers coming out of Ironhorse Brewery in Ellensburg. Irish Death, Mocha Death, Farmlandia and High Five Hef are all very good beers in my opinion.

Are you anywhere near Winthrop? I've tried a few beers from Old Schoolhouse Brewery and they were all good. I really liked their Ruud Awakening IPA.

If your every down in the Vancouver area check out Heathen Brewing, there Transend IPA is really tasty and if your looking to have dinner, they have the Feral public house in downtown Vancouver.

If your every down in the Vancouver area check out Heathen Brewing, there Transend IPA is really tasty and if your looking to have dinner, they have the Feral public house in downtown Vancouver.

I don't get down that way very often but I'll keep those places in mind. Does Heathen Brewing bottle their beer? I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Are you anywhere near Winthrop? I've tried a few beers from Old Schoolhouse Brewery and they were all good. I really liked their Ruud Awakening IPA.

Yes, I'm only about 45 minutes from there. We don't head over there very often though. I may grab a buddy and check it out when this damn winter and snow stops as I have to go over Loup Lout pass. Yes it's snowing now as I type... so tired of this crap!

Just got back from Yakima last night for State Basketball. While there, I stopped by Bale Breaker brewery. Had a sampler of their Field 41 pale ale, Topcutter and Bottomcutter IPAs, as well as the Dormancy Breakfast Stout. All four were very tasty. Bale Breaker goes heavy on the hops flavor which I'm acquiring more of a taste for. Later I stopped by Hop Nation. They seem to be more of the opposite of Bale Breaker. While there are definitely hop flavors, they are much milder at least in the beers I tried. Cream On (pale ale) they also had a casket dry hoppedal version of this too. Wasn't a big fan of the casket version. (Served not cold and not carbed.) The EGO IPA and BEGO ( Belgium EGO IPA) were very good but very mild on hops compared to other IPAs. Finally, I had their Dunkel Weiss. Very good.
Also stopped by Yakima Valley Hops. Picked out a few pounds bags of hops. Planned on going back for some grains Saturday but didn't realize they aren't open on weekends. Did find the ACE Hardware and they had very good prices on grains. At participating or better than More Beer.com
Overall it was a good trip and I now have plenty of bulk supplies.

Just got back from Yakima last night for State Basketball. While there, I stopped by Bale Breaker brewery. Had a sampler of their Field 41 pale ale, Topcutter and Bottomcutter IPAs, as well as the Dormancy Breakfast Stout. All four were very tasty. Bale Breaker goes heavy on the hops flavor which I'm acquiring more of a taste for. Later I stopped by Hop Nation. They seem to be more of the opposite of Bale Breaker. While there are definitely hop flavors, they are much milder at least in the beers I tried. Cream On (pale ale) they also had a casket dry hoppedal version of this too. Wasn't a big fan of the casket version. (Served not cold and not carbed.) The EGO IPA and BEGO ( Belgium EGO IPA) were very good but very mild on hops compared to other IPAs. Finally, I had their Dunkel Weiss. Very good.
Also stopped by Yakima Valley Hops. Picked out a few pounds bags of hops. Planned on going back for some grains Saturday but didn't realize they aren't open on weekends. Did find the ACE Hardware and they had very good prices on grains. At participating or better than More Beer.com
Overall it was a good trip and I now have plenty of bulk supplies.

Sounds like a great time. I need to get over the pass this summer and check out some of those places. Like you, I'm sick of the snow. We had a fresh dusting this morning but it's mostly melted now. It looks like we're expecting some more this week. :(

Holy Mountain Brewing in Seattle is really great. I stopped in there about 2 months ago, and it was the first time in a long time I was super impressed by a new brewery. I live in Vancouver WA, they have several good brewery's there, but no of them really smack you in the face with WOW factor. I haven't visited HUB's new spot in Vancouver, but always enjoyed that brewery in Portland.

I

I live in the Lake Stevens area and the surrounding areas are exploding with new breweries right now. The city of Snohomish has 7 breweries with an eight on the way. I recommend Scappy Punk brewery. Its small and secluded, but brew master Greg makes some unique and delicious beers.

Lake Stevens has 2 with a third opening with a few months.

Last week my wife and I took the two oldest grandkids to Seattle for a visit. I stopped in at Pike brewing for lunch and had a Octopus ink black IPA that was very good. I also brought home a 22 ounce Kilt Lifter Scotch ale that was excellent. 10 ounces of a XXXXX stout is going into a recipe tonight and I also have a bomber of Drunken Monk trippel waiting to be tried.

I'm starting a brewery in Aloha, OR (West Portland suburbs). Just past 2.5 months on the TTB app, hoping to hear back within 45 days. Hope to hear from the OLCC shortly thereafter. Then, it's production!

*end shameless plug*

I'm starting a brewery in Aloha, OR (West Portland suburbs). Just past 2.5 months on the TTB app, hoping to hear back within 45 days. Hope to hear from the OLCC shortly thereafter. Then, it's production!

*end shameless plug*

Tell us about your plans and give us a link to your website if possible.:mug:

We are blessed with an amazing assortment of great breweries all over our area. I'm from southwest WA and here are a few of my longtime faves. Fort George! Can't say enough great things about them. If you're ever in Astoria skip Buoy, Rouge and Wet Dog and go straight there. The taproom in the brewery is the best place to sit in my opinion. The other breweries in Astoria are pretty good too though.
HOTD (Hair of the Dog) rated one of the best breweries in the world by many critics. If you're not buying and aging their beers then you should be. Cascade, I love sours and their's are amazing.

There are also super small places opening up all over the place, some of which are amazing. Willapa Brewing in Raymond is only on tap a few places and they only open their tap room a handful of times per year but they are killin it. Mill City Brew works, North Jetty Brewing and Loowit are some excellent breweries as well.

I live up in Bellingham, WA. We have about 14 breweries in our small city - all of which are great. Melvin IPA, San Juan Island Helles Lager, Aslan Batch 15 Hazy, Kulshan Sunnyland IPA, Stone's Throw Pale Ale, and Aslan Light Lager are my favorites.

If you get a chance do the pub crawl and you'll see why Bellingham has become such a magnet for craft brew enthusiasts from all over.

If you're ever near extreme northern CA check out Port O'Pints in Crescent City. The brewer just won a gold and a silver in the CA state fair commercial beer competition.
He's a big home brew supporter.

So .... a few of my favorites:
Iron horse in Ellensburg, but was disappointed with their food, Snoqualmie in Snoqualmie Falls, their food looked fantastic however we had alteady eaten, Ice Harbor in Kennewick with great food and great beer, and my local Fire and Irons in Dayton with great beer and pizza

Port Townsend Brewing Company is well worth the ferry ride. I don't think that I have had a bad beer there.

Back