Now That's GOOD Service!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudbuster

This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I placed an order with Austin HB for some malts and supplies. They called me today to ask about my order. Seems one of the malts was listed as "milled" while the others were "unmilled". They wanted to make sure before they processed the order. All of the malts should have been unmilled. That is good service in my book. IMHO, they are the BEST. :ban:

Agreed. They are a very good shop indeed. Those fortunate enough to have visited their store in person know 1st hand how nice it is and how friendly and helpful the people are. It really is nice.

I, on the other hand, am less than impressed w/ their 'service'. Tried to order a Shirron chiller, but when I got to check-out, there was a $15 backflush fitting added. Tried to investigate and/or remove it, but no luck! It was late, so I deleted everything and said $CREW IT! I then called to make sure it didn't go thru and had to leave a message for the shipping dept.- the late night phone guy couldn't be bothered. Just kinda PO'ed me.

Sully

sullifan said:
I, on the other hand, am less than impressed w/ their 'service'. Tried to order a Shirron chiller, but when I got to check-out, there was a $15 backflush fitting added. Tried to investigate and/or remove it, but no luck! It was late, so I deleted everything and said $CREW IT! I then called to make sure it didn't go thru and had to leave a message for the shipping dept.- the late night phone guy couldn't be bothered. Just kinda PO'ed me.

Sully

So on a lot of their items they have options and recommended items down at the bottom in a drop down list...things that you need (or might need) to make the product work. If you click the drop down menu, "No/None" are options. Just did this and added a Shirron chiller to my cart with the price of $84.49. Very easy, in fact I think it is one of the things I like about their site, no need to go searching for the accessories you might (or might not) need.

AHS is the only online HBS I have ordered from and probably ever will (I try to frequent my LHBS when possible). Orders have always been correct and have always had quick and accurate responses to my questions.

Beerrific-

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't take the time to figure that out. But, shouldn' t have had to! A 'suggested accessories' display showed me some options, and was enough. Maybe I'll give it anothr try. Thx again!

Sully

Back