Not-So-Secret-Santa Christmas Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packed and labeled. Jakeasaur I will PM you tracking info. Going to try to get it dropped off to Fedex today, worst case tomorrow morning.

Finsfan LIED! He said it would cone Friday.... it came THURSDAY!

wp_20141206_3877-64328.jpg

I went straight to the cinnamon apfelwein cuz I can't make a cider to save my life. Just excellent stuff man! The cinnamon builds up in your palate nicely. Nice and smooth overall. Really good.

I am going through and tasting my brews again before I ship them out, I am not going to send anything out that I wouldn't drink.

The Apricot Blonde is still hanging in there. Trying the Citra APA next, I brewed it in June hope it's still OK.

So I thought my keezer was broke today when I seen my sct reading 54F turns out the prob broke and kept my compressor running all night. Destroyed my starter for my next brew and did some freezing of lines and taps. Getting it all defrosted now but is pouring cloudy. All is well and the beer still taste good. Hoping to have my package sent out early this week
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417930103.679053.jpg

So I thought my keezer was broke today when I seen my sct reading 54F turns out the prob broke and kept my compressor running all night. Destroyed my starter for my next brew and did some freezing of lines and taps. Getting it all defrosted now but is pouring cloudy. All is well and the beer still taste good. Hoping to have my package sent out early this week
View attachment 240383

Kind of curious what your procedure for your starters is. Mainly why your putting it in a keezer and why your starter foamed over like that.

Kind of curious what your procedure for your starters is. Mainly why your putting it in a keezer and why your starter foamed over like that.

Sounds like everything froze over, hence the foam. Agreed the starter didn't need to be in the keezer to begin with (unless it was cold crashing).

Finsfan LIED! He said it would cone Friday.... it came THURSDAY!

wp_20141206_3877-64328.jpg

I went straight to the cinnamon apfelwein cuz I can't make a cider to save my life. Just excellent stuff man! The cinnamon builds up in your palate nicely. Nice and smooth overall. Really good.

I hope you enjoy them man! The RIS was aged on oak and 1 vanilla bean. The nut brown ale is probably my least favorite but wanted to get others feedback on it. Cheers!

I usually cold crash my starters in my keezer. Fridge always has food in it. I guess it wasn't meant for me to brew today. Oh well. Got a new temp prob put in and everything is flowing. Now to bottle and ship

I am getting everything packaged up and ready to ship. I did not get 2 batches bottled that I wanted to.

I volunteer for a mini schnauzer rescue and had to go pick up a new foster. I think she is trying to win me over and create a "foster failure" situation.

I will ship mine out on the 15th since it is Monday, I do not want the beer sitting on a truck for a weekend.

I am getting everything packaged up and ready to ship. I did not get 2 batches bottled that I wanted to.

I volunteer for a mini schnauzer rescue and had to go pick up a new foster. I think she is trying to win me over and create a "foster failure" situation.

I will ship mine out on the 15th since it is Monday, I do not want the beer sitting on a truck for a weekend.

I can relate with being a failed foster parent. Ours won us over after a week.

I won't be shipping my beer out till the 15th as well. I'm trying to get over a very bad cold, and I'm hoping the oaked porter I have is going be at the right oak level that I want it to be.

I've been told I have a suspicious package waiting for me. My wife was kind enough to put it in the keezer until I get home. I'll post pics after dinner!

@Chemist - how do you bottle from the keg? I've read different methods but haven't ever filled more than a growler that gets consumed within an hour or so. I usually just put some tubing right into the tap and bottle it that way. Will that hold carbonation when capped? Hoping to send a few beers from the kegs I currently have...

I received a shipment from Gentlemans_Ale today... 2 days ahead of schedule :rockin: I enjoyed a HB Munich-Helles Lager with dinner and it was great! I'm not normally a huge fan of lager, but I clearly haven't had a good homebrew lager! (The only one I had to date was an Oktoberfest kit I ordered by mistake and had no idea what I was doing.) the bottle I opened was filled absolutely to the brim!!!Bonus! And it was crystal clear... I haven't mastered this yet. I look forward to trying the rest. Thanks!!!! :drunk: BTW, is this on Untappd?

2014-12-08 17.27.52.jpg

2014-12-08 17.37.11.jpg

@Chemist - how do you bottle from the keg? I've read different methods but haven't ever filled more than a growler that gets consumed within an hour or so. I usually just put some tubing right into the tap and bottle it that way. Will that hold carbonation when capped? Hoping to send a few beers from the kegs I currently have...

I use a racking cane, cork, and picnic taps. You can refer to the biermauncher post on this site. I fill while releasing the pressure from the cork every now and again. I sometimes lower the pressure but lately i havent. I think it looses little carbonation that really is not noticeable. Read up on it.

Hey people... I have a couple of beers that are bottle carbing.... but won't be quite ready by December 15th....

Is it ok to ship them with instructions to let them sit? Will it effect the beer at all if the temp changes much during the shipment?

Thanks in advance peeps!

Bryan

I shipped a few last go round that were still carbing without issue. It is pretty warm for this time of year so I think you will be ok

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

blichmann beer gun is your friend.

blichmann beer gun is your friend.

I just got one last week. I have only used it once, to bottle for this, but I really liked it. I can see how some people say that it can be a bit to set up and break down, but I think that is really in the planning.

My plan is to buy an additional body for my regulator (anyone know if I can mix/match body brands? I would buy Taprite but I didn't the first time, there are already 2 bodies on it). I will put a splitter on that body with a gas fitting on one Y and the brass valve of the BG on the other. This way I can leave the regulator set low and I should be able to set up and start bottling in 2 minutes.

For growlers that are going that night I think I will still use my piece of tubing, but I got a great insert from Williams breweing that fits into a Perlick and has a barb so that I get an easy good fit with tubing and am not just pushing it up the faucet. Disconnect the gas, bleed a little pressure and it is just right to fill a growler or 2-3 bombers without having to mess with the regulator.

Forgot i did not have caps so mine is delayed a few days dont worry. You will get it next week.

Having @campbellmike ipa 2. A lot better than #1. Nicely done. The only strike is that its really undercarbed but taste fine. No off flavors detected. I think s04 is a english strain, right? If you want it more bitter and the hops will pop more with s05 will help..

Forgot i did not have caps so mine is delayed a few days dont worry. You will get it next week.

Having @campbellmike ipa 2. A lot better than #1. Nicely done. The only strike is that its really undercarbed but taste fine. No off flavors detected. I think s04 is a english strain, right? If you want it more bitter and the hops will pop more with s05 will help..

Thanks, we'll try s05 next time around on this one.

My box from RussPDX arrived safely. 3 bottles of each. London porter. Fuzzy nut brown. Your call. Amber. Excited to try them all. Especially the nut brown as I brewed my first brown ale lastnight. A few will be cracked open after work tomorrow morning. Thanks Russ

View attachment 1418226060230.jpg

Got mine all packed up, do you think I should send out now or wait till Monday so they don't sit on a truck all weekend? Its cold enough to where they shouldn't get nasty right?

nvm 15lbs of "soda" is on the way to Texas. Only $13 for the large flat rate fed ex box with that 25% off coupon.

nvm 15lbs of "soda" is on the way to Texas. Only $13 for the large flat rate fed ex box with that 25% off coupon.

Nice. My local fedex didn't have the large boxes, only the medium and smaller, so I was forced to fill up my own large box. Came out to just a few bucks more than that anyway (of course I put down a few pounds less than the actual weight too...)

Nice. My local fedex didn't have the large boxes, only the medium and smaller, so I was forced to fill up my own large box. Came out to just a few bucks more than that anyway (of course I put down a few pounds less than the actual weight too...)

I have done this as well... watch your bank statement... I find that the rate guess up on the day it is delivered.

I just realized out of all the stuff I sent only one is under 10%, hope you like high abv stuff lol.

Back