Not-So-Secret-Santa Christmas Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my thinking as well. I really didn't think we would get as many as we have so far. I'm going to cap at 30 but I will still allow people with proven track records in previous swaps. I still want the list to grow. Just want to mitigate some risk.

i'm with you.. whatever you decide.

You're running the asylum, Senor Goat, cap it when you see fit.
I don't think anyone will have a problem with it.

I thought we took that off last week. I've been instead checking their join date and going through their posts to verify that they are just lurkers and not really brand new and taking advantage.

Ah so i see we did, cool beans :)

Woah, that's generous of you, but I wouldn't expect you to ship to anyone other than your own recipient. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself here, but I think everyone involved understands that there is some inherent risk with these swaps.

This right here

The first time I was disappointed in the swap. Just 6 of a single (not good) pale but the second time it was a lot better with variety. I got a bunch of HB I can send and hope who ever enjoys them.

I'm just hoping to get some good feedback on mine. Be forewarned, I'm not a BJCP judge, but I'm going to be brutality honest with my reviews, as I hope others well be with mine.

I really don't mind doing it. In fact I already went into it knowing I'd ship to at least 2 people if we wound up with an odd number.

No, you shouldn't have to do this either, unless you're planning on pairing people up.

Think of a swap between three people. One possibility: 1 ships to 2, 2 ships 3, 3 ships to 1.

yes... finsfan has some really good beers!!
I've also had real good brews from sfgoat and Liquidflame:D

Dont be so humble, your beers are incredible! I would love to try beers from most of this group, very excited to see who I have and who got myself! :mug: Give out the names already!!! ;)

I don't see the need to cap imho... but I think we should require everyone to come Vback here and give honest feedback on the beers.

(and coyote does make good beers)

I'm more in this for fun, the spirit of giving, the holiday season....etc.

Sorry if you are the person that gets my mostly average beer. I've been doing this for about a year. I don't use any water chemistry.... or liquid yeast and starters...I make small batches on my stove top... bottle by hand... try to keep things on schedule, but sometimes life gets in the way. Still I enjoy it.. but I'm not worried about getting a gold medal anytime soon. :D

I'm more in this for fun, the spirit of giving, the holiday season....etc.

Sorry if you are the person that gets my mostly average beer. I've been doing this for about a year. I don't use any water chemistry.... or liquid yeast and starters...I make small batches on my stove top... bottle by hand... try to keep things on schedule, but sometimes life gets in the way. Still I enjoy it.. but I'm not worried about getting a gold medal anytime soon. :D

I agree, bford, but I also want honestly brutal feedback. I have been brewing for about a year and trust me, life often gets in the way. I am still very proud of my creations and look forward to some experienced feedback. I'm sure whoever gets yours will be happy with it. Doesn't have to be perfect. That's the beauty of this obsession er... Hobby. I believe everyone on the list is doing it mostly for fun and with holiday spirit.

Alright, I have sent out the addresses via PM to everyone. I used the online tool provided by poptarts to select for everyone so it was completely random. Just remember to have your packages sent out no later than 12/15/2014 and lets enjoy the swap.

Package shipped via FedEx to Marckw. Scheduled delivery in 2 business days. PM with tracking number sent.

I have some bottles ready to ship, but I want to get another batch bottled and at least carbing before I ship. I will be cutting it close to the deadline.

I have some bottles ready to ship, but I want to get another batch bottled and at least carbing before I ship. I will be cutting it close to the deadline.

I think as long as its bottled, I Would send it. You can always have your recipient hold onto it for a few weeks before drinking.

I should have mine all packed up and shipped today! :rockin:

I think as long as its bottled, I Would send it. You can always have your recipient hold onto it for a few weeks before drinking.

Yeah, I was in the same situation on the last swap. I just have not had time to brew during the year.
Things are starting to slow down, here at work, so I was able to brew 3 batches. I bottled one last week and plan to bottle 1 this week and 1 next week. I am doing this hoping they are at least drinkable. "fingers crossed"

I'm kind of torn right now on my porter. it had an OG of 1.078 and finished at 1.029 using Wyeast 1469 (West Yorkshire). It tastes good at 6.5% ABV but I've never had a beer finish that high. What do you guys think. Bottle it as is? Or pitch some Nottingham on it and hope it does more work?

I was planning to ship this one out but now I'm not so sure.

I'm kind of torn right now on my porter. it had an OG of 1.078 and finished at 1.029 using Wyeast 1469 (West Yorkshire). It tastes good at 6.5% ABV but I've never had a beer finish that high. What do you guys think. Bottle it as is? Or pitch some Nottingham on it and hope it does more work?

I was planning to ship this one out but now I'm not so sure.

What was your intended FG?

I was planning to wait as well. The first beer I have brewed using my own made up recipe is in primary right now. I use the set and forget kegging method, so by the time it's done in primary, dry hopped, and carbed, the deadline will have long passed. Oh well, I replaced it with some good local craft beer.

I'm sending at least one that won't be ready to drink for a little bit. Samples have all tasted good so far though, and I know my recipient is a fan of the style, so I don't think he'll mind too much.

Back