Noobly newb mcn00benstein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commmarine

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name's Tom, and as my username clearly suggests, I am a Marine here in sunny Camp Lejeune, NC. I just bottled my first brew, and am anxiously awaiting it to finish carbonating.

1 can Coopers Cervesa Extract
2 lbs Muntons Extra Light Dried Malt Extract
7 g Coopers Brewing Yeast
5 oz priming sugar (I think it was oz's, I forgot to note it...)

Oh, and a variety of bottles from Red Stripe to Fat Tire to put it in.

I boiled and mixed it on May 29th, bottle June 9th, and should be transferring it to the fridge on Monday the 15th. Hopefully this'll turn out good, just went by the suggestion of my local Home Brewery store.

Otherwise, this is my first time introducing myself before I raped a forum for it's information, so thank you all before hand for all the help with my noob-ocity.

Also, the Cereveza fermented at a fairly consistent 77-79 degrees. I know it's really hot, but that's room temp for me and the misses.

I would wait longer before you refrigerate your bottles. Give it at least 3 weeks to condition. What will happen if you try to drink it that early is that the yeast will have generated a bunch of C02 so your bottle will have a healthy pressure, but the gas won't have absorbed back into the beer yet. So, you'll end up with a "gusher" where you open the bottle and get tons of foam and a mostly flat beer. If you give it another 2-3 weeks for the CO2 to absorb back into the beer you'll be more satisfied with the results.

Back