Noob from Kingwood (Houston) TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairWeatherSmoker

Reaction score
3 years ago I decided to learn about BBQing & Smoking. I have always cooked/grilled outside and was amazed to find the world of smoking meat. It is a lot more complicated than one might think.

So over the last three years, I have learned how to BBQ/Smoke the way it is suppose to be done according to those that are suppose to know how. Then I learned how my critics (wife, kids, grandkids) wanted theirs to be. Not the same thing, although I sure tried to do it right.

So now I decided to try my hand at home brew. The HBS where I got my kit said nothing to it "Just boil some water, add the ingredients, put a lid on it & wait. Yeah, right !!!

Well, I have read 2 how to brew books and a lot of the posts in this forum. Seems like there just might be a little more to it than that !!!! :)

It is mid-December and only 80 degrees today, so it is safe to go outside again. I hate the 100 degree / 100% humidity in July to October. That is where/why I chose my forum name. I only light the smoker when it's 1) Not too hot 2) Not raining 3) Not to windy 4) No hurricanes on the horizon 5) Not too cold (don't happen often)

So far the only comment my wife has made about my brew kit was 1) You're not going to do that on the dining room table are you ? 2) Is all that stuff going to stay in the house?

So, it's out to the smoke house where I will light the smoker & the burner & make some pulled pork, brisket & BEER !!!

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you've got some hobbies that go GREAT together.

You are right, though. There can be much more to brewing than a simple all extract batch. Lots of good info here, and plenty of people here willing to help you "take that next step."

Cheers! :mug:

Now, that's a familiar name! Haven't we met somewhere before? I might have looked like this:

12778-rodeobull36zz.gif

Welcome!

TL

Back