Hello from Virginia 👋

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsTurtleDove

Reaction score
So I joined because my husband likes making beer and I’ve found that I enjoy helping and learning with him 😊 He’s started with kits and moved up to grain and slowly but surely we’ve been expanding our knowledge. We are in the process of buying our first home and I want to make him his own home brewery in a detached shed. So I’m looking for ideas and things to take into consideration. We will have the space to learn more about water chemistry, RO systems etc, and start experimenting and exploring our own recipes. While I am grateful for him allowing me to be apart of the process I very much want this space to be his. Include a half bath, place for his gaming computer, beer making equipment, cleaning and sanitation and maybe a pool table, small bar, and dart board where he can chill and hang out with friends. Sorry for all the word vomit, but I appreciate this forum and I hope I won’t be a bother. Thanks!

Welcome, from Minnesota!

Use the search function for "brew shed." There are many, really cool DIY designs that members have shared.

I'll second the 240V wiring. And heat, running water. Some kind of venting for removing water vapor from the boil.

Welcome from Missouri!

Please let us know about the progress on the brew shed. We've been looking to move out of the city to a few acres. Would really like to add a brew area in an outbuilding. Good luck.

Back