Nhl playoffs, slander pride and predictions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jes2xu

Reaction score
So round 1 kicks off today!

I get the feeling that a lot of home brew is going to be sunk, and a lot of TVs are going to be yelled at!

What's your playoff beer? And who are you backing?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Rooting for Pens but not hopeful. Bylsma can't think on his feet.

I think its the Rangers' year.

Rooting for the Pens...drinking whatever craft beer they have at my DC-area 'Pittsburgh bar', plus one IC Light for good luck.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397766396.376680.jpg

Backing the kings baby!
Actually feel like we got a shot this year. A well rounded team that suits playoffs, can grind it out with anyone and plays D first.
.......oh and one word......... QUICKKKKKKK! Haha.

But yeah hear what your saying with the rangers, can't decide how I feel about the bruins and black hawks yet.

looking forward to watching the flyers play rivals tonight! not liking the schedule though since we can't seem to win at MSG.. wish mason was playing though, that'll be the deal breaker if he can't dress for the series :-(

i'll be drinking and probably kicking my coffee porter keg

Looking forward to puck-drop for Rangers-Flyers tonite! Been way too long since the last time they played in the playoffs. Being a Ranger fan, not sure what to expect other than I have some Schwarzbier, Dunkles, Maibock, and Doppelbock to cry in or celebrate with over the course of the next 2 weeks!

looking forward to watching the flyers play rivals tonight! not liking the schedule though since we can't seem to win at MSG.. wish mason was playing though, that'll be the deal breaker if he can't dress for the series :-(

i'll be drinking and probably kicking my coffee porter keg

Agree. Emery is not a bad goalie. It could be all right, but MSG is definitely a tough venue for the flyers.

Frenchie from Quebec here, so go Habs go! Should have a keg of cream of 3 crops carbed for game 2! Will check the pens closely tho, Crosby play his Junior hockey in my hometown (Rimouski Oceanics) and my mom went to every local game he played there!

So game one didn't go to plan! Haha

It's ok, kings are coming back in game 2! None of brew is ready right now, which sux.

Guess it's a excuse to go try some different commercial stuff though.

Time to drink some yeastiboys and see how the rest of the bracket is shaping up! Lol

I forgot Briere went to MTL. Glad to see them make it out of the first round, but I don't see how they can stack up against anyone that will be left. I think it will come down to Bos and NYR out of the east (depending on how the next round of seeding goes). Hoping anyway. Flower looked horrible last night. 20 secs to go, up by a goal, and you're going to leave the net? I mean, I know what he was trying to do there, but you just don't do that in that situation. Either way, I'm ok with it. :D

I've been rooting for the NYR in the other series. I know far more insuferable Flyer fans than NYR fans. Wasn't' really sure which way to go there. yes, my Devils didn't make the playoffs... :(

Out west, I'm rooting for STL out of that series, the Avs to beat the ever loving piss out of MIN (screw you Parise, AND Cooke). Don't really care about the other two. I guess it would be nice to see the Sharks finally do it, but who knows with them.

Rooting for the Bruins here.

Surprised so far with how Detroit series is going, thought it would be closer but Bruins seem to be dictacting the game. Maybe its Detoits youth being exposed, maybe it has just been 2 good/lucky games by the Bruins. I expect to win but this being NHL I do not count out anyone until it is over. Also, have not been able to watch much of him in the past but Datsyk is crazy on the puck, that must be an absolute delight to watch him all the time. Bruins don't really have that kind of player.

No Sharks fans representing? Go Sharks!!!! Sorry Kings, you had yours, this one is ours!!!!
(also, I respect the hell out of the Kings and Quickie, but after losing to you guys in 7 the year you went on to win the cup, there's a healthy desire for vindication to go along with that respect!)

I'm a leaf fan so I can watch any playoffs till I get these tears out of my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Rooting for the Bruins here.

Surprised so far with how Detroit series is going, thought it would be closer but Bruins seem to be dictacting the game. Maybe its Detoits youth being exposed, maybe it has just been 2 good/lucky games by the Bruins. I expect to win but this being NHL I do not count out anyone until it is over. Also, have not been able to watch much of him in the past but Datsyk is crazy on the puck, that must be an absolute delight to watch him all the time. Bruins don't really have that kind of player.

I think the problem with Detriot is Howard. The guy is just not that good.

Avs fan here so I'll be rooting for them and whoever is playing Philly. Props to Minny for fighting hard at home but now we shift back to Denver and hopefully my boys can get that third game and wrap it up in six.

#WhyNotUs

Slander and Wounded Pride:
Is the NHL in the playoffs yet?
Bring back my Thrashers/Flames!

More importantly, beat the Pacers and the Reds and draft Jake Matthews.

No Sharks fans representing? Go Sharks!!!! Sorry Kings, you had yours, this one is ours!!!!
(also, I respect the hell out of the Kings and Quickie, but after losing to you guys in 7 the year you went on to win the cup, there's a healthy desire for vindication to go along with that respect!)

Fair enough, this game tomorrow will be interesting! Think we may give you a run for your money. But 3 more straight wins is a big ask. Miracles happen though ;)

GKG!!

You forgot the series standings.

Not just a little bit nervous about playing at staples tonight?

In a few hours one of us is going to be rather happy. . The other not so much! Haha

Either way it's going to be a good game!

In a few hours one of us is going to be rather happy. . The other not so much! Haha

Sharks are not looking too good right now. The team seemed out of sync or harmony most of last game. It must be that hot So Cal air in LA making for poor ice :p

Unfortunately this is nothing new I have not seen from the sharks (Que a hand full of what is common between the titanic and millionaire jokes). I became a Sharks/Hockey fan when they moved into SJ, I have seen the high's and low's (and crappy ref calls going both directions). Just wondering if the team is doomed for another round of player changes before getting back to the western finals.

Sharks are not looking too good right now. The team seemed out of sync or harmony most of last game. It must be that hot So Cal air in LA making for poor ice :p

Unfortunately this is nothing new I have not seen from the sharks (Que a hand full of what is common between the titanic and millionaire jokes). I became a Sharks/Hockey fan when they moved into SJ, I have seen the high's and low's (and crappy ref calls going both directions). Just wondering if the team is doomed for another round of player changes before getting back to the western finals.

Yeah there definitely a few shocking calls last night! It's been a long time since I have herd Jim Fox come right out and call BS on officials calls. He's normally supper PC about it, so ya know its bad when he lets rip haha.

I thought (up untill the last 15 or so) last nights game was the closest and most nail biting game of the series. Much more like what I expected the whole series to be like from the beginning.

Now it all comes down to one game! Feel like the kings have a slight edge right now, but it's a away game. If the kings can get a couple early and get the fans to turn on the sharks I think they have it in the bag.........if not.....it's going to get tense!

GKG!!!

Go Bruins! Bruins should win the Montreal series, unless Montreal start diving all over the place and get the calls. PK Subban would be a great soccer player with all his diving ;)

Really pulling for the Wild, I would much rather see them play the Hawks than the Avs.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I still want to know how in the hell they allowed that goal that was the breaking point in game 6. unbelievable.

Kings just made my night! ( had to watch it late). Hahahaha ahhhhhhh back from 3-0! Now that's a series come back!!

Back