New To Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scurry64

Reaction score
There are two taps but one of the pictures shows 3 kegs in it, which means you could fit the CO2 tank inside if you wanted to. Depending on where you have it that could be an advantage.

The other thing is that everything appears to be included,.

At $1,545 you could do better on cost, though. For example, this one at Morebeer:

https://www.morebeer.com/products/komos-g2-kegerator-stainless-tower-intertap-ss-faucet.html
When you add a CO2 tank, fittings, and kegs you're at $965.

You may consider looking at a couple homebrew sites and then calling to talk to someone so you know you're getting everything you need. I'm assuming you don't have a LHBS...going through them would be ideal as they could potentially provide the best guidance.

And if you have a cat, get the faucet springs so that the taps close on thier own. Otherwise if something like a cat's paw opens the tap it could just empty the entire keg onto the floor.

Thanks for the input, jack13. I'll stop by the LHBS today and see what they have to say.

Simplest bare bones solution would be a 7cuft chest freezer ($250 or so), inkbird to control it, 4 kegs, a CO2 bottle, regulator, basic tubing and picnic taps. Probably looking at $850 or so all in for a 4 keg unit if you bought everything new

the nice thing about that, is that eventually you could a wooden border to the top below the lid and install your taps for another $300 or so

definitely more work, but for the same cost you get 4 beers and a custom setup

0FF7E1C7-A61F-4F90-BAE1-C31937E609CC.jpeg
ACA7A317-3F8E-4BD7-A392-673994F99700.jpeg

I think start with figuring out how many taps you want to have is pretty key. That will give you an indication of how you go about identifying specific kegerators. Then you can start looking at space requirements, decide if you want to just buy outright, or build your own...which will also help build out your anticipated cost.

First thing to do is check out your local Craigslist, there always seems to be keezers or kegerators.

Got my 3 tap kegco with 3 corneys and 2 tanks for $500.

there are definitely a lot of cheaper options out there and you could spend more time and energy searching and assembling. personally i did the 4 tap keezer build and i love it. the one you listed in first post looks like a great all in one. literally everything you need and boom you kegging your next batch. imo i would build another one before a bought a ready to go setup. and the only thing i would change about my build is i would get a set of forward sealing faucets... which are on my xmas list. i did buy all my stuff from my lhbs and they made sure i got everything in one trip so thats always a good place to start. goodluck and enjoy kegging, im sure you will.

cheers!

My 2 cents. With that budget look for a used commercial unit from a reputable dealer. Beverage Air or True. I have a BA in kitchen and a True in the basement. True is a little quieter but either is great. Both are over 10 years old, no service required (yet). Keep the coils clean and they will run for a long time. Built like tanks with industrial parts.
They hold 4 cornys. I have 3 taps on both, 4th keg conditions/carbonates. CO2 tanks and regs outside. Drip tray drains connected to tailpieces in kitchen/bar sink drains.
I also have a chest freezer that holds 8 cornies for lagering/ageing. Love my beer, hate my electric bill.

If you can’t find a used one all ready to go,I’m a big fan of the bottom refrigerator top freezer unit for kegerator builds. No temp control needed, typically fit 4 to 6 ball lock cornies, top freezer still freezes (hops, ice, etc...) and they’re typically free. Buy all stainless shanks/faucets, and line cleaning equipment, and you’re set.

Last edited:
If you can’t find a used one all ready to go,I’m a big fan of the bottom refrigerator top freezer unit for kegerator builds. No temp control needed, typically fit 4 to 6 ball lock cornies, top freezer still freezes (hops, ice, etc...) and they’re typically free. Buy all stainless shanks/faucets, and line cleaning equipment, and your set.
Very true if you are handy, have the time, and the room. A 1/2 barrel kegerator is only 24" wide. A small fridge is 30" wide.

My 2 cents. With that budget look for a used commercial unit from a reputable dealer. Beverage Air or True. I have a BA in kitchen and a True in the basement. True is a little quieter but either is great. Both are over 10 years old, no service required (yet). Keep the coils clean and they will run for a long time. Built like tanks with industrial parts.
They hold 4 cornys. I have 3 taps on both, 4th keg conditions/carbonates. CO2 tanks and regs outside. Drip tray drains connected to tailpieces in kitchen/bar sink drains.
I also have a chest freezer that holds 8 cornies for lagering/ageing. Love my beer, hate my electric bill.
Interesting! I was thinking of eventually having a similar system. Can i ask your lagering method and how long you lager in a keg after primary fermentation?

Back