New to homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesconn

Reaction score
I like dark beer and Im tired of being forced to resort to an overpriced light beer anywhere I go. Because dark beer is so rare in america I havent tried that many. Hopefully in the next few years some dark beers will become available nationally.

Until then I want to brew my own.

A number of breweries in North Carolina produce and distribute some fine dark beers. Probably a problem with the management of the establishments you frequent.

In the mean time, brew your own.

All the Best,
D. White

I like dark beer and Im tired of being forced to resort to an overpriced light beer anywhere I go. Because dark beer is so rare in america I havent tried that many. Hopefully in the next few years some dark beers will become available nationally.

Until then I want to brew my own.

Welcome to the club. There are a few recipes for you to try here in the database. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

There are literally a TON of awesome dark beers in America. Much better than any imports. Nearly every brewery brews a stout porter or dopplebock. You just need to find them.

Welcome aboard. But I'd hardly call dark beer "rare" in America. But that's the beauty of home brewing, you can make anything you want.

Have to agree with everyone there is a ton of delicious dark beer made here in America...depending on where you are...here in CT we have some great dark beer from NY, CT and Vermont!

Welcome to the community!

If you list what state you live in or city nearby, I bet several members can recommend some dark beers made locally.

What styles of beer do you like? Dark is a color, not a style.

good point. American beers tend to reflect our love affair with highly hopped citrusy beers, which is great, but they often don't reflect their European cousins.

This is why homebrew is great. The ingredients, recipes and support exists to design beers to our personal liking.

Welcome JamesConn. I trust that you will find what you are seeking.

Back