New tapcooler... is this thing broken

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spundit

Insert Witty Comment Here
Reaction score
I just recieved a new tapcooler bottle filler. It seems to work ok. I see that the bottling wand is threaded at one end but it doesn't seem to screw into the tapcooler body securely. It just falls off. I am guessing this is not normal.

Any insights from those who have the tapcooler?

If you're talking about the telescoping "straw" that you put down in the bottle, mine doesn't have threads. It just has a friction/press fit. Seems kinda loose sometimes, but it's never caused any issues for me.

Thanks for the replies. The shop I bought it from has engaged with tapcooler. It sounds like the threaded filler tube is new. Older versions have the press fit tube. I am not yet sure if I am missing a piece or perhaps the tube I recieved is mismatched.

I am very happy with both the shop (Adventures in Homebrewing) and Tapcooler. They have been very responsive to my questions and I am pretty confident we will get it re-solved. Sounds like tapcooler will be sending out a replacement.

Latest posts

Back