New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2010 Blueberry Wine

2010 B lueberry.jpg

Filthyastronaut & eljefebrews those both look and sound great! I definitely see a ginger honey oatmeal blonde in my future this summer!

Lol, I saw that picture a few days ago and thought, "Damn, posting a pic with a frosted mug? That's brave!"

lol. What's wrong with a frosted mug?

Newness in me I guess since I don't post to this thread often.

Ken

It is said that most beers have an optimum serving temp to accentuate the flavors the brewer intends to impart. Therefore, a frosted glass lowers the temp and diminishes beer's flavor as well.

It's all about the beer drinker really, though. If you like a frosted mug, go to town! However, I think people get more upset if they buy a beer at a pub and get a frosted mug when it is a disservice to the drink and buyer.

Lol. And here I was thinking it was related to the poor picture quality of not being able to see the beer through the glass. I guess i'm the odd one. I like my women smoking hot and my beer ice cold. I keep no less than 6 of those mugs in my freezer on the ready all the time. Give me a few minutes, and I'll be enjoying another frosty Kolsch as I light the grill up in a bit. lol

Cheers.

believe it or not, 16 ounces of hops in this 5g batch so much amarillo, simcoe, centennial, columbus. yay gelatin in the keg

IMG_0856 (1).jpg

I'm going to need to try the gelatin.....mine's not dropping clear in the keg too quickly! :) A mere 12oz of hops in this batch. :D

qqU2d0s9KiO22l8YxxxS3O6_QIZONlTxj-fr9kJshjwI6lq2FpCDHJxoBuU-GL34wAkMOswGo2ZG8xMeMD9suVfMtFXj6Xv79rNZLuZ5tYmGdtKEhD_H80NZwdHDWJ_BmULBQH8hbSLQPPmlpiYmO9iz939VvbLELxnfRPHEJ947_oaDmRYox3pxVVK9ov7vVvKdyJzTskE4_uSOhlmMtjUMauXu7kE75pZ42S0knsjnj7ZTMyTqOmZ30ayHf3463nJYvWs-wzGHCSlL-x1YWBGFSuZMOL6DW0ACIcKpTbhycpMYrN9wqPnfPNnHIEkGuSfaRB6IlF7gcauKfubSalziVnYAJdaWAVsfvgHsWQiIrfGXVM-vCWm84BvqHPuvY1QIlwvWUmw0NUotHaG_3Q41hVD5yrrvrl22mHXjaxSkRqB6n7noxuoZVZ_j1XmP-V8EiNLh9ax2Sj69JSsn6lOT68XSRdTgr2utMvs5S6rom8mqFwaPCztSsIQN1cZwMLHYdLUwf5C3xGJS4zdxDg3ttdR1xxTpywZCjndTdDmO1HgWg_T3hFk-rvZFzvzD0xyq=w530-h745-no

Looks like chill haze...if so gelatine won't touch it. Cold crash your beer and use 1/2 tbsp gelatine and 1/2 cup water heated to 150F...I did this in 10 second increments in the microwave and dumped it into my carboy. Any time I've done this, my beer has come out crystal clear.

Looks like chill haze...if so gelatine won't touch it. Cold crash your beer and use 1/2 tbsp gelatine and 1/2 cup water heated to 150F...I did this in 10 second increments in the microwave and dumped it into my carboy. Any time I've done this, my beer has come out crystal clear.

It's both chill haze, and hop particulate! The chill haze will take care of itself (or not, I actually don't mind it....) The hops don't bother me, but may bother others.

It's a seriously tasty IPA. Probably the best batch I've made. :)

R

It's both chill haze, and hop particulate! The chill haze will take care of itself (or not, I actually don't mind it....) The hops don't bother me, but may bother others.

It's a seriously tasty IPA. Probably the best batch I've made. :)

R

Excellent! That makes sense...gelatine will knock the hop haze down. I usually cold crash, use finings or worst case scenario cold plate filter - but only on light beers :)

In my experience, gelatin will clear most anything that is present when you toss it in. Meaning it works better for me if I cold crash before and get the chill haze to show itself to the gelatin. My process is
1) cold crash to 32
2) add gelatin and keg
3) wait 48-72 hours while it carbs
4) ...
5) profit!

Back