New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
West Coast Pils is finally all carbed and conditioned and I freakin' love it.

bpqBKLr.jpg

Brew log is here, if anyone's curious: https://brew4fun.wordpress.com/2019/02/27/west-coast-mosaic-pilsner/

Great beer and great story.

I don't want to hijack the thread but: Tell me more about how the Robobrew just showed up at your doorstep...

iUXwGrs.jpg

This is my first attempt at a kolsch that was hopped like a NEPA. The beer is super citrusy and fruit forward, which is what i wanted based on the hops I used. The hops definitely lent a little more haze than I was expecting and the color is a little darker. All in all, one of my favorite beers i've brewed out of ~70 batches.

Grain:
* 9lb 4oz Pilsner malt
* 8oz Vienna
* 8oz White wheat

Hops (boil):
* 1oz Azacca @ 5 min
* 1oz Citra @ 5 min
* 1oz Mosaic @ 5 min
* 1oz Amarillo @ flameout

Hops (dry hop for 5 days):
* 1oz Amarillo
* 1oz Citra
* 1oz Mosaic

Brewed on 12/18/2018, fermented at 60'F for 2 weeks, then raised to 65'F for a couple days. Lagered at 45'F for a month, then kegged.

iUXwGrs.jpg

This is my first attempt at a kolsch that was hopped like a NEPA. The beer is super citrusy and fruit forward, which is what i wanted based on the hops I used. The hops definitely lent a little more haze than I was expecting and the color is a little darker. All in all, one of my favorite beers i've brewed out of ~70 batches.

Grain:
* 9lb 4oz Pilsner malt
* 8oz Vienna
* 8oz White wheat

Hops (boil):
* 1oz Azacca @ 5 min
* 1oz Citra @ 5 min
* 1oz Mosaic @ 5 min
* 1oz Amarillo @ flameout

Hops (dry hop for 5 days):
* 1oz Amarillo
* 1oz Citra
* 1oz Mosaic

Brewed on 12/18/2018, fermented at 60'F for 2 weeks, then raised to 65'F for a couple days. Lagered at 45'F for a month, then kegged.
Looks good bet it taste terrific and clean. Could be considered an NEIPL because it sounds a little like what Jack’s Abbey does with hopped out lagers.

Looks good bet it taste terrific and clean. Could be considered an NEIPL because it sounds a little like what Jack’s Abbey does with hopped out lagers.

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines too. I think i'll probably experiment with 100% pilsner malt and use 34/70 to ferment a true pilsner and hop it similarly.

Great beer and great story.

I don't want to hijack the thread but: Tell me more about how the Robobrew just showed up at your doorstep...

Man, I wish I knew! The only thing I can think is that I had asked MoreBeer a few months previously when they'd be back in stock and got a boilerplate reply. Fast forward a few months and boom: there it is. Maybe someone in their fulfillment department got confused? Or generous? Or else someone anonymously gifted it to me.

FC2B5B7F-2426-4045-969F-3167A4B37AB4.jpeg

My Idaho Pilsner , not carbonated fully yet , it’s only been 5 days since bottling day , just couldn’t resist a try ! So far it’s rather good , nice and tasty ! A few more weeks and it will be perfect !

La Fin Du Monde clone. My first ever attempt at a Trappist style ale.
Very tasty and not too far off the mark IMO, though not perfect. Color needs to be a tad lighter and I the flavor a little drier. But I think it'll dry out after a month or so of bottle conditioning.

IMG_20190223_134632.jpg
IMG_20190223_134542.jpg

Nut light brown amberish.
Well not drinking it now but was great a couple months ago.

View attachment 238225
I have taken many photos of beers but this one always stands out. nice lighting from the sun setting focusing on the glass and then there is a garbage can in the background, a towel from one of the kids running through the sprinkler. This pick was after the lawn got mowed and pulled a beer from the keg stood there and was proud of the beer I crafted.

Pre-carbonated milk stout that didn’t fit inside the keg!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
Brewing last weekend, needed 2 kegs to get my RO water, and voila, I found a full keg. It was carbed and under pressure, put it in the keezer, sampled it, and bonus - it was a keg of my barrel aged saison we brewed 2 years earlier, then aged in a 55 gal whiskey barrel with Bret for a year. Still damn tasty. Still have a bunch of bottles, but the keg was a welcome surprise.

Brewing last weekend, needed 2 kegs to get my RO water, and voila, I found a full keg. It was carbed and under pressure, put it in the keezer, sampled it, and bonus - it was a keg of my barrel aged saison we brewed 2 years earlier, then aged in a 55 gal whiskey barrel with Bret for a year. Still damn tasty. Still have a bunch of bottles, but the keg was a welcome surprise.

That beats finding a pocket dollar any day lol

I finished off the last of my Earl Grey Pale Ale the other night; here's a photo of one of the glasses that we poured:

wMlDZoO.jpg

I tried to do some evaluating of the beer this time around, and I still give it extremely high marks. The tea came through well, the malts were very much to my liking, and the aroma and (for the most part) the flavor of the hops was spot-on for this beer. My only criticism is that the finish was slightly too bitter/resinous for my tastes; I would probably be in the minority with that view, but it is the only issue that I think I would try to correct the next time that I make this. Perhaps Cascade would be a better choice, for hops.

In all, a very successful beer, and I was extremely happy with it!

Only a week in the bottle and just enough carbonation to be really good! This is my first homebrew since I first tried over 20 years ago. Back then, my beer sucked so I never stuck with it. This is a Brewers Best kolsch extract kit and came out not half bad! There is some odd off flavor that I can't quite place. But still very drinkable. Super excited about this [emoji16]
IMG_20190322_190531_955.jpeg

Back