New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have been moaning about the lack of carbonation in my bottled golden ale but the draught is the exact opposite ! This from a mini keg that was primed with 12g of cane sugar... the head is absolutely amazing, a bit like what you get with draught Guinness, and the beer is really nice for a first all grain BIAB . It could be clearer but this was brewed with totally untreated water and I forgot to add the Irish moss so next one up should be clearer
DSCN4238.JPG

Well I have been moaning about the lack of carbonation in my bottled golden ale but the draught is the exact opposite ! This from a mini keg that was primed with 12g of cane sugar... the head is absolutely amazing, a bit like what you get with draught Guinness, and the beer is really nice for a first all grain BIAB . It could be clearer but this was brewed with totally untreated water and I forgot to add the Irish moss so next one up should be clearer
View attachment 760741
Congrats on your first AG beer!

Last nights desert, German Chocolate Cake Imperial Stout. I didn't want to go through the whole process of roasting the pecans this time so I used extract. Never and I mean NEVER use pecan extract! My recipe called for 3 ounces of extract, after overthinking it I went with 2. And now I'm going to rename this one the Nasty Fake Pecan Aftertaste Imperial Stout NTBBA (Never to be brewed again). The pecan is so over powering you cant taste the 2 lbs of coconut I labored over to roast!
1646920619106.png

Last nights desert, German Chocolate Cake Imperial Stout. I didn't want to go through the whole process of roasting the pecans this time so I used extract. Never and I mean NEVER use pecan extract! My recipe called for 3 ounces of extract, after overthinking it I went with 2. And now I'm going to rename this one the Nasty Fake Pecan Aftertaste Imperial Stout NTBBA (Never to be brewed again). The pecan is so over powering you cant taste the 2 lbs of coconut I labored over to roast!
View attachment 762246

It's quite refreshing to see someone posting their less successful batches here. Extracts and even homemade tinctures can sometimes be hard to dose right.
I once spiked a couple bottles of porter with some homemade tonka bean tincture. When pouring one, the entire room instantly filled with the smell of tonka. It subsided a bit over time, but it still ruined what was otherwise one of my favourite beers of all time.

Back