New IPA Style?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFWINZLOW

Why I oughta...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking that a trout, shrimp, or squid-forward IPA would be a breakout hit in the untapped Asian IPA markets. Maybe a lobster lager at some point later down the road. A perfect pairing with squid chips?

Have any of you brewed such a nector and if so, what kids of hops go well with a seafood-based IPAs? Maybe some crab juice in place of a dry hop...I am thinking 3oz of pure crab for 3 days and then some live craw-daddies 2 days before cold crash / bottle.

Just fishing for some ideas.

Thanks.

I have no clue, but the only thing that comes to mind is Sorachi Ace. Maybe the Lemon would be a good thing.
How are you planning on getting the seafood flavors? What type of yeast are you considering?
This sounds like something that could be really great or really terrible. Good Luck!

I have no clue, but the only thing that comes to mind is Sorachi Ace. Maybe the Lemon would be a good thing.
How are you planning on getting the seafood flavors? What type of yeast are you considering?
This sounds like something that could be really great or really terrible. Good Luck!

Interim plan will be to rack to secondary - onto some squid, calamary, or trout after the primary is finished - maybe even some shark fin - not sure yet.

Does anyone know what he AA conversion would be for flaked lobster?
Also, will dried squid convert on its own?

Later, maybe a palatypus ginger peanut butter coffee vanilla stout....

Flaked lobster is a (now not so) secret ingredient in our Crustacean Creme Ale.... It is quite Vicious

My buddy did a seafood porter. Boiled lobsters and clams, then used the water to brew a batch. Never tasted it but it was quite a brew day, good eats.

Personally, I find the idea repulsive, but to each his own

Latest posts

Back