New Brew stand, need burner help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnguinn

Reaction score
I’m building a new brew stand and have my Bayou BG-14 burners ordered, does anyone have the distance from bolt hole to bolt hole so I can start on the mounting brackets????????
Great place to purchase Bayou 10" high pressure burners cheep ($29.95 each) !!! http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=64494&bhcd2=1267484403

Brew%20Stand%20Start.JPG

Brew%20Stand%20Start%201.JPG

Might be best to wait till yours arrive.
reason: They are cast products and they might have enough variation that you could have issues. Depends of course on the pattern makers and whether they all worked tight.

Nice stand.

I'm making mine from lumber. But I'm going electric so I don't have the heat to contend with, I'm thinking I'll use granite tile from the BORG to top it. But I do have a fair bit of left over deep dark purplish Nubian 6" tile that would look nice with black grout.
Cherry raised panel doors and sides, frame construction.......

I used .030 steel wall 2x2 tubing, Nice and strong and im able to lift it by myself. I love it!!!!!!!!! I did a ton of research on my own and after talking to alot of people that was the general assumption.

sorry for stealing the thread, but where did you guys get the metal for your stands?

I got mine from a guy off of ebay. He sells a lot of the square tubing on there. He just didn't have the size I was looking for. So, I email him asking how much 10 pieces of 60" would be with shipping. Total cost was $94 bucks.

To answer the OP question. They are 8" apart. I have two of them and just messured it for the OP.

Didnt want you to think I was Highjacking the Post!
:mug:

I got the metal from a local metal shop in town, I paid around $120 for all my metal

If you need the measurement across the diameter between mounting screws it's 11". 10" burner diameter, and the little mounting posts stick out ½".

Why do guys weld the top of a brutus with the holes in the top? Verticles, I mean? Don't you realize 45's eliminate the need for a stupid cap on the ends? Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!. Brotherhood brew fixed it!
snake10

Why do guys weld the top of a brutus with the holes in the top? Verticles, I mean? Don't you realize 45's eliminate the need for a stupid cap on the ends? Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!. Brotherhood brew fixed it!
snake10

Because for some of us its easier to weld together then having to cut 45 degree angles on all the tubing.
I think the stand looks great. Just because he has the end caps doesn't make it an inferior stand!

We plan to either mount a controller stand off of one of the posts or seal it over with a piece of metal, weld it in and then powder coat the whole thing.

We plan to either mount a controller stand off of one of the posts or seal it over with a piece of metal, weld it in and then powder coat the whole thing.

I bought some plastic end caps. But I like the idea of the piece of metal welded in. So I might go that route with mine.
Also thats a nice welder in the photos!

Thanks, one thing is that having the holes there makes me think more!!! I never would have welded a back bar onto the stand if it wasn't for the holes and I am glad I did it now.

Looking great Shawn! Way to think "outside the box" by adding the back bar. I also really like the burner mount design - they are very aesthetically pleasing. We should have some updated photos of our stand posted later this evening.

Your stand is amazing. Sorry for the end cap comment. Your ideas are awesome. I can't wait to see it finished.
Snake10

I love to come home from work to find out that the UPS santa dropped off a Brew Pressent!!!!!!!!!!
DSC00494.JPG

nice rig i'm build a very similar you but with 15 gal AL pot so it alil taller, i'm still waiting for my burners of the same kind, what are you planning on using for valves on the gas manifold?

Back