New Brew stand, need burner help

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Cliff897

Reaction score
Might be best to wait till yours arrive.
reason: They are cast products and they might have enough variation that you could have issues. Depends of course on the pattern makers and whether they all worked tight.

Cliff897

Reaction score
Nice stand.

I'm making mine from lumber. But I'm going electric so I don't have the heat to contend with, I'm thinking I'll use granite tile from the BORG to top it. But I do have a fair bit of left over deep dark purplish Nubian 6" tile that would look nice with black grout.
Cherry raised panel doors and sides, frame construction.......

Sawdustguy

Reaction score

mczspub

Reaction score
Im doing a little reasearch to weld up my own brew stand ? do u know what thickness and size of the steel you used?

OP
shawnguinn

shawnguinn

Reaction score
I used .030 steel wall 2x2 tubing, Nice and strong and im able to lift it by myself. I love it!!!!!!!!! I did a ton of research on my own and after talking to alot of people that was the general assumption.

SouthernYankee

Reaction score
sorry for stealing the thread, but where did you guys get the metal for your stands?
I got mine from a guy off of ebay. He sells a lot of the square tubing on there. He just didn't have the size I was looking for. So, I email him asking how much 10 pieces of 60" would be with shipping. Total cost was $94 bucks.

PsicloneRN

Reaction score
Damn this is turning into one big thread hijack. Start your own thread guys.

SouthernYankee

Reaction score
To answer the OP question. They are 8" apart. I have two of them and just messured it for the OP.

Didnt want you to think I was Highjacking the Post!
:mug:

OP
shawnguinn

shawnguinn

Reaction score
I got the metal from a local metal shop in town, I paid around $120 for all my metal

diatonic

Reaction score
If you need the measurement across the diameter between mounting screws it's 11". 10" burner diameter, and the little mounting posts stick out ½".

Snake10

Reaction score
Why do guys weld the top of a brutus with the holes in the top? Verticles, I mean? Don't you realize 45's eliminate the need for a stupid cap on the ends? Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!. Brotherhood brew fixed it!
snake10

OP
shawnguinn

shawnguinn

Reaction score
You Live and you learn.

My buddy Jack and my baby Hannah!!!!!

SouthernYankee

Reaction score
Why do guys weld the top of a brutus with the holes in the top? Verticles, I mean? Don't you realize 45's eliminate the need for a stupid cap on the ends? Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!. Brotherhood brew fixed it!
snake10
Because for some of us its easier to weld together then having to cut 45 degree angles on all the tubing.
I think the stand looks great. Just because he has the end caps doesn't make it an inferior stand!

PsicloneRN

Reaction score
We plan to either mount a controller stand off of one of the posts or seal it over with a piece of metal, weld it in and then powder coat the whole thing.

SouthernYankee

Reaction score
We plan to either mount a controller stand off of one of the posts or seal it over with a piece of metal, weld it in and then powder coat the whole thing.
I bought some plastic end caps. But I like the idea of the piece of metal welded in. So I might go that route with mine.
Also thats a nice welder in the photos!

OP
shawnguinn

shawnguinn

Reaction score
Thanks, one thing is that having the holes there makes me think more!!! I never would have welded a back bar onto the stand if it wasn't for the holes and I am glad I did it now.

OP
shawnguinn

shawnguinn

Reaction score
yap, nice cheap 2 inch square .030 walled carbon steel

5_Thumbs

Reaction score
Looking great Shawn! Way to think "outside the box" by adding the back bar. I also really like the burner mount design - they are very aesthetically pleasing. We should have some updated photos of our stand posted later this evening.

Snake10

Reaction score
Your stand is amazing. Sorry for the end cap comment. Your ideas are awesome. I can't wait to see it finished.
Snake10

jlandin

Reaction score
Nice looking rig! Can't wait to see your progress. I'm working on a brutus 10 stand now myself.

OP
shawnguinn

shawnguinn

Reaction score
I love to come home from work to find out that the UPS santa dropped off a Brew Pressent!!!!!!!!!!

nicknoty

Reaction score
nice rig i'm build a very similar you but with 15 gal AL pot so it alil taller, i'm still waiting for my burners of the same kind, what are you planning on using for valves on the gas manifold?