Neomexicana Rhizomes???? Help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yanick74

Reaction score
Hello, can you recommend a site that has neomexicana rhizomes at this time that can send to Arizona in less than 10 days!

please help!!!!!:eek::eek:

Get your order in today. I think these folks fill orders/ship on Mondays & Tuesdays. If they happen to be out, I can dig up a few for you. I have a 4 yr old NeoMex covering a fence row with a few vertical posts for extra height. Good producer in the Midwest...

I brewed a 100% wet-hopped IPA with them last year and it had some intense melon/apricot flavor. I think they would be great in a Belgian or Wheat ale if you wanted fruit notes.

http://www.greatlakeshops.com/store/p86/Neo1Neomexicana

I just ordered some Willow Creek rhizomes to send to my dad to grow (they are mine but I am deployed to Afghanistan for a year) from Great Lakes. I was REALLY hoping to find some Multihead rhizomes/plants but unfortunately they are sold out. Does anyone have any leads on any Multihead rhizomes?!? Thanks!

Great Lakes hops is where I got my multihead plant. If you can't find multihead they sell Amalia which is in the same genus. A "sister" variety.

How does Neomexicana fair in the North?

If other varieties grow reasonably well for you, you might as well give it a shot. My NeoMex has returned with vigor after a very hard winter three years ago and the past two winters which have been relatively tame for the Midwest...FWIW

Great Lakes hops is where I got my multihead plant. If you can't find multihead they sell Amalia which is in the same genus. A "sister" variety.

I believe Willow Creek is a "sister" variety as well as it is also a Neomexicana. I'll just keep checking back with Great Lakes. Maybe they'll have more Multihead soon.

Back