Need Help With Sweetwater Road Trip Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPORT546

Reaction score
I was in Pidgeon Forge, TN last week and picked some of this up at the grocery store and really enjoyed this as well as the IPA. When I went back the next day they were completely out so all I had of this was one six pack of this. I dont have any left to compare it to and I'm still pretty new and haven't cloned much stuff so I need some help for someone more experienced. Any suggestions from someone in the area would be great who is a little more familiar with this brew. Thanks in advance.

Its been two months since I originally posted this I'm just seeing if there is any suggestions on this a little later in the season.

well, their site says U.S. goldings and Styrian i believe for hops and pilsner and vienna for malt.......an easy guess would be the wy1056/wlp001/US-05 for the yeast as it seems to be in just about every american craft brewery.......also the similarity of 420 to sierra nevada's pale ale would back that up a bit. basically, feel free to use any clean tasting, fairly well attentuating ale yeast (particularly an american strain) and you should come out pretty close to the road trip. if you wanna go even more faux-pils and closer to the bohemian mark, try using only czech saaz for the hops.

i'd also ferment the 1056/001 low to give the ale an as-clean-as-possible taste; thus, emulating a lager as much as possible

Back