Need help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumpwater

Reaction score
Just bottled my first brew,amber ale extract kit and brewed another friday night.Similar to the first but with changes.3.3 lb. hopped amber lme, 3 lb. extra light dme. 1 oz. cascade hops ,1/2 added at first of boil and 1/2 added the last 5 min. I used nottingham yeast. I used botteled water this time instead of tapwater. I wound up with 5 1/2 gal. of wort. Only trouble i had was cooling down the wort,took about 30 min.The fermenting temp. is 68 degrees and is doing fine in the fermenter bucket. I have to leave home in 2 days and will be away for a month, should i move it to a cooler room that stays around 65 or will it be ok as is? Any comments welcome and appreciated.

My 2 cents... I'd move it to the cooler room. If the temp gets high, off flavors could result from what I've read on these boards.

one more question. What the heck have i brewed here, an ale or just some unknown homebrew. seriously i really don't know what to call it lol

Back