Need bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer4ever

Reaction score
Hey all. I’m not new to the brew but my first time on the forum. Anyone know an inexpensive beer that comes in brown 22’s without twist off? I have a problem paying for empty bottles. Kegerator vanished during divorce. Imagine that?

Sorry to hear about your kegerator loss.

There are no cheap bombers (22oz), they're always heavily overpriced.
I have a hard time forking over $8-12 or more for a single 22oz bottle, unless it's something really special.

It would be handy to list your location, just in case someone has a case or 2 spare...

BTW, if you want, I can move this thread to the Want to Buy forum for better exposure.

Check Craig’s list. Visit the recycle place. I get clear bottles there. For my wine you beer heads!!! JK.
Actually I do, for wine. If you are visiting the Kenai Peninsula, I’ll give you some.
Cheers.

Thanks guys. I’m in SoCal and yes to Trader Joes. I will search the forums and the liquor stores.

While you're on the CL hunt, keep an eye open for kegs and other beer (dispensing) equipment, tanks, regulators, entire kegerators, etc. Bottling gets old, pretty fast.

Few options, make friends with a local pub bartender / owner...maybe they will save bottles for you...start drinking Sam Adams & use those bottles...Just bite the bullet & purchase

haven't found bombers at a price that I liked, but if you need non-empty quality 12oz bottles for cheap, I'd say Costco. They sell cases of Lagunitas IPA there for a really good price ($26 in Hawaii, probably little lower where you're at)

I think the OP wants to use bombers for some reason, not 12 oz. Less bottling perhaps?

I used to do that in my early brew years, and bought 2 cases of 22oz blanks, then some more. Done!
I've never had any trouble finishing a 22 oz-er (or 2). :tank:

Trader Joes has the 22's and Grolsch bottles too. No screw tops, not good for capping, unless there is a reusable screw top I do not know about, which may very well be. But you gotta buy em with beer in em. Use to use em for target practice

Trader Joe’s works if you want cheap beer. But total Wine has Sierra Nevada 12pk torpedo extra or pale ale for $12 on a reg basis. I’d much rather get SN than Trader Joe’s.

Back