Need a recipe with quick turnaround

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
I got my kegging setup put together the day after Christmas, and I've been itching to get it filled. I'd like a brew that I can get fermented, kegged, and carbed quickly. I'd like to try the brew in a bag method, but I don't have a wort chiller yet so I'll be sticking with extract/specialty grains (for this batch at least). Any suggestions?

I just finished a pale ale that was done fermenting in less than a week. However, I give my beers two weeks at a minimum in the primary. I usually prefer 3 - 4 weeks. I think the key to a quick turn around is a proper pitch of healthy yeast along with very good temperature control.

I've had good success with wheat beers - 18-20 days total and that's bottling

A mild! We had a beer swap a few years back, called 10der and mild- a beer swap that gave you 10 days to brew, ferment, keg, carb up, and send out your beer! And the beers were really really good!

Jamil Zainasheff has a mild recipe in Brewing Classic Styles that is excellent.

Pitch a package of S04 yeast, keep the beer at 62-65 degrees, and it'll be ready to keg on about day 5-7.

A mild! We had a beer swap a few years back, called 10der and mild- a beer swap that gave you 10 days to brew, ferment, keg, carb up, and send out your beer! And the beers were really really good!

Jamil Zainasheff has a mild recipe in Brewing Classic Styles that is excellent.

Pitch a package of S04 yeast, keep the beer at 62-65 degrees, and it'll be ready to keg on about day 5-7.

+1 a mild is great if you need a good beer in a hurry.

If you want something different I've got a lemongrass blonde recipe that everyone loves.

It takes 3 weeks till its ready to go so that's quick.

Pm me if you want the recipe.

I agree with the wheat beer. I just did my first batch ever and let it ferment for 2 weeks and then kegged it and drink it the following day. It is delicious might I add!

Back