NB Nelson Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

2LiveBrew18

Reaction score
First off, NB has great customer service as always. They’ve already worked on fixing the issue. Just a heads up though, I ordered Nelson hops through them and it didn’t come in the usual NB packaging. Came from BSG - they were old stale smelling, no pungent fruit aroma- just a dead grass smell. So for now heads up ordering that. But they have already got 2 other hop replacements coming so I can dry hop without worry. I did toss in 2 packages of the old smelling BSG in the whirlpool & was going to dry hop the 3rd, but I better not- hopefully all comes out ok. Thanks again to NB.

OG-wan Kenobi

Arcane Artisanal Ales
Reaction score
They do have top shelf customer service, however a lot of people hate InBev and wont buy from them. I like NB for some purchases other times they are way over priced. Any issue I had with them was always resolved to my satisfaction. I also like some of the peace coffee they sell for my beers.

kh54s10

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I get all my hops from Farmhouse Brewing Supply. Theirs are packaged in metalized mylar bags. The bags come vacuumed and are solid. I don't know if they nitrogen pack. They come 4 ounces or a pound. I like the 4 ounces because most of my recipes use at least 1 ounce and quite often more. It is more convenient than having 4 one ounce packs to deal with. I got pound bags once, I do not use one type of hop often enough so what is left of these are now getting quite old.

ProblemChild

Reaction score
I get all my hops from Farmhouse Brewing Supply. Theirs are packaged in metalized mylar bags. The bags come vacuumed and are solid. I don't know if they nitrogen pack. They come 4 ounces or a pound. I like the 4 ounces because most of my recipes use at least 1 ounce and quite often more. It is more convenient than having 4 one ounce packs to deal with. I got pound bags once, I do not use one type of hop often enough so what is left of these are now getting quite old.

I use them as well (most of my hop purchases in fact), but it seems that this year the inventory is lacking. I do like that I can order 8.0 oz and have them delivered at USPS rates that are half of anyone else's flat rate. ($3.00 and change). That plus wicked fast delivery. Still, would love to see more 2018 options

kh54s10

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I use them as well (most of my hop purchases in fact), but it seems that this year the inventory is lacking. I do like that I can order 8.0 oz and have them delivered at USPS rates that are half of anyone else's flat rate. ($3.00 and change). That plus wicked fast delivery. Still, would love to see more 2018 options

2018 crop from down under is about 9 months old. Even then it takes a while go get them all processed and on the market. The 2018 northern hemisphere crop is not that far past harvest. I would expect to see some still coming into the market.

I don't know anywhere that has a better selection than Farmhouse. I over bought a while back so I haven't really looked at their present offerings.