Native Python BrewPi controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your efforts!

I have a dual chamber I am looking to control with a single Pi 3A+ using fuscus and fermentrack.

I have managed to get them up and communicating well for a single instance.

If I understand this correctly I can just start 2 separate instances of fuscus each with its own ini file?

Also, on the upper chamber I am using a 12V peltier device to do the heating and cooling. I use a SPDT relay to change the polarity for heating or cooling. I can see an easy way to implement that with fuscus though I wonder if you could point me where to look to add a control for the fans that are used to blow on the heat sinks on the peltier?

I would like them to have an off delay so they run for a few minutes after the peltier is powered down.

I have a fan in the lower chamber too. It uses the guts of an old viking fridge and a 140w heater.

Any advice or guidance here would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon

IMG_20180922_2114020.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180511_1505221.jpg
    IMG_20180511_1505221.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20180228_2101131.jpg
    IMG_20180228_2101131.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20180228_2101313.jpg
    IMG_20180228_2101313.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 48
I managed to get 2 instances running by just copying and renaming the directory to fuscusTop and editing the ini file to use a different path to connect to it.
This seems to work fine, I have both instances up and running and reading the sensors.
Is this the right approach?
Cheers,
Jon

I've always used the same approach cloning BrewPi instances, even between host systems.
I have as many as four of them directed by one RPi host, so I'd vote yes :)

Cheers!

You can also clone a local repo to another local location, and then optionally re-link it back to the remote:

Code:
git clone {source path} {destination path}
git remote set-url origin {source URL}

This is handy if you have some local changes you want to keep, but still have it link to the remote repo.

While BrewPi (and presumably Fermentrack and other parallel projects) provides a fan control (you'll find it in the Device Manager) it typically only runs when a cooling or heating function is active.
I don't use it, however. imo a fan used to prevent chamber temperature stratification should run 24/7 - and all of mine do just that...

Cheers!

I am not sure where to find this fan control in fuscus or fermentrack?
I looked through some of the scripts in the fuscus folder and dont see a Device manager?
Cheers,
Jon

Back